At NCR, we make the everyday easier. We do this by listening to our customers, keeping their best interests in mind, and always working to make interacting with your business an exceptional experience. Read on to learn more about the people who lead our team, our company by the numbers, and how we’ve become the world leader in consumer transaction technologies.
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in omni-channel solutions, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Ga., with over 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Responsible for designing, under the Activate Architect direction, Self Service applications, ensuring unit testing is carried out, assisting QA team in carrying out the QA steps and debugging new and/or existing software, performance tuning and optimization of existing code.
- Manage development teams by conducting daily stand ups, ensuring sprints are completed on time andremoving impediments.
- Provide guidance for the team with technical architecture as needed
- Participate in code development by actively writing code and conducting unit testing
- Work with development team to troubleshoot development environment, production environment,performance tune and optimize code.
- Responsible for ensuring project estimates and schedules are created.
- Provide technical leadership for project and team through design and code reviews, ensuring best technicalpractices are applied.
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of five (5) years developing software in a commercial software development environment
- Minimum of two (2) years leading a software development team of two or more people.
- Proven ability to design and develop large scale, complex applications
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems server or workstation administration
- Knowledge and experience in one (or more) of the following: ASP.NET, C++/C#, HTML, SQL and Java XML
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage development projects.
- Ability to work from rudimentary requirements and specifications
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Satisfactory ability to read, write and speak English
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Time Management skills
- Communication skills
- Customer Service orientation
- Team Orientation
- Desire to travel
- Work from English verbal and written instructions of varying levels of detail
- Ability to take direction from all levels
- Exhibit a high level of individual initiative
- Effectively lead a team environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to NCR Corporation career website on ncr.taleo.net to apply