Installation Electrician at American International School of Johannesburg
Posted on: 7 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education
View All Jobs at American International School of Johannesburg
American International School of Johannesburg -A private educational institution
A private educational institution is looking for a qualified and certified Electrician. The ideal candidate must be experienced with a wide variety of electrical devices and systems and will be the individual responsible for the all electrical safety compliance, monitoring and risk management.
- Professional association - Installation Electrician Card
- Red seal trade test - wireman’s license qualification
- Minimum of 3 years of electrical experience
- Skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and associated Microsoft programs
- Valid professional driver’s license?
- Basic electrical HVAC experience advantageous
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- To qualify for this position, you need:
- Successfully completed an apprenticeship as an electrician
- Proven experience as an electrician.
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.)
- Demonstrable ability to read, understand and install from electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legislative regulations and guidelines.
- An understanding of Occupational Health & Safety and the requirements of a GMR under OHS guidelines
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent typing and computer literacy skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Mature, empathetic and professional when dealing with students, parents, and staff
- Independent self-starter with attention to detail
- Possesses integrity and ability to maintain accurate and confidential records
- Ability to multi-task
- Amicable and approachable
- Conscientious and thorough
- Execute plans for electrical wiring to ensure well-functioning lighting and other electrical systems.
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.).
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units.
- Preventative Maintenance: Prevent the breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Work with the Facilities Department to compile and oversee maintenance requests and work orders
- Communicate and relay information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to management and staff
- Follow up to ensure that all agreed actions from meetings are completed timeously
- Independently plan and manage maintenance and report preparation
- Research, compile and prepare administrative and clerical reports, presentations and documents using MS Word, PowerPoint or Excel
- Proof-read written correspondence for errors or omissions to ensure accuracy, completeness, neatness, and professionalism
- Assist with organizing various school functions and events
- Assist in all emergency drills or actual events
- Complete other duties as assigned by the facility manager
- Regular maintenance to keep the facilities, equipment, machines and the work environment safe and reliable
- Implement planned maintenance programs
- Risk assess all maintenance/planned work before beginning the task.
- Trained in inspections of machinery, tools, and equipment regularly, following the manufacturer's recommendations.
Key Performance Responsibility
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other school staff members, and contribute to a general Team well being
- Adjust work schedule assignments to meet changing work priorities
- Assist teachers with maintenance requests timeously
- Identify and prioritize critical activities and manage work schedule to accomplish tasks
- Report writing (you will be required to bring a sample to the interview)
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs