Sage Software is South Africa’s leading developer of accounting, payroll, ERP and business software for the small, medium and large enterprise market. Founded in 1989, Sage Pastel has developed an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the industry over the past 23 years, establishing itself as the market leader and the preferred choice of South African businesses.
Purpose of role:
- Creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Delivering elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
Qualification and Experience:
- Relevant Degree
- At least 3 years relevant experience
Key accountabilities :
- Delivering an extraordinary customer experience through best in class products and services.
- Executing problem definition, requirements engineering, risk escalation, solution design, coordination of communication
- Planning, estimate tracking and progress reporting for own work and that of relevant team members.
- Collaboration with other solution designers and stakeholders as well as defining and managing effective stakeholder relationships.
- Furthering knowledge of analysis, technology, Sage organisation/processes and appropriate domains
- Shaping and influencing the product or service, sometimes by carefully protecting and nurturing it, sometimes by posing radical challenge
- Supporting delivery teams with any complex issues or necessary mediation – in particular taking personal responsibility to answer questions that arise
- Ensuring that the deliverables are of the desired content, suitability and quality.
- Responsible for their own personal development and seeking out opportunities to develop further within the role.
Problem solving and investigation.
Purpose of Role:
The Technical Developer is responsible for developing tools, screens, functions and programs within the Enterprise Management framework, based on the requirements specified by the product business analyst(s) and using the development tools enabled by the framework. The developer develops in the Sage proprietary language within the Sage development framework
- Carefully works through requirement specifications for development
- Investigates possible options and alternatives for the development of business requirements with Sage Development Team
- Verifies proposed development with Sage Development Team and other parties where necessary
- Proposes solutions and alternative solutions
- Communicates any changes or alternatives to the specification with Product Business Analyst
3-5 years working experience as a functional developer on the Enterprise Management Platform
Software and Systems knowledge:
- ERP / HR or Payroll Software
- SQL / Oracle database architecture
- Crystal Report Writer
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Sage career website on www.linkedin.com to apply