McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions. We work with leading organizations across the private, public and social sectors. Our scale, scope, and knowledge allow us to address problems that no one else can. We have deep functional and industry expertise as well as breadth of geographical reach.
Our roles are suited to people who excel at problem solving and can use their experience and judgement to solve complex problems. We seek individuals who demonstrate leadership, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work with people across all levels in an organization.
Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
Advanced graduate degree typically required (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.)
No more than 8 years of industry experience in the technology space (Digital, Architecture, Big Data) or professional services firm
Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Who You'll Work With
- You’ll be based in Johannesburg, working with our Business Technology group Johannesburg South Africa. Associates join our global offices and practices in locations around the world to work in teams and directly with our clients.
- Business Technology (BT) is a functional practice within McKinsey. It is comprised of nearly 800 McKinsey consultants globally who help clients think strategically about how to use technology to create fundamental business change – from formulating technology-driven growth strategies to enabling more efficient operations through the use of technology.
- As a part of BT, you will work with clients in a wide range of sectors and industries. Some BT consultants work exclusively within BT while others mix their business-technology focus with broader consulting work (e.g., operations, organization, strategy, corporate finance, marketing and sales, etc.).
What You'll Do
- Working in teams of typically 3 – 5 associates, you’ll play an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
- This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypothesis, developing and communicating recommendations, presenting results to client management, and implementing recommendations with client team members.
- You’ll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Associates receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. Specific support includes a partner from local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career, up to five weeks of formal training in the first two years as an Associate, and guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to McKinsey & Company career website on www.mckinsey.com to apply