Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
About the job
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide
The key purpose of this job is to manage the Brewery Distribution, Inventory and Warehousing function so that customer service levels can be optimized and that benchmarked productivity standards are met. Implement standard operating processes in line with VPO standards. Manage VLC, ZBB and FLC budgets in line with annual flexed targets.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Ensures a safe and healthy working environment for internal and external stakeholders
• Ensures that legislative requirements are met in line with the Section 16.2 appointee requirements
• Maintains a robust system of SIO generation and close out
• Quarterly Safety reviews are conducted with the RLM, Brewery and RSD to identify risk trends and mitigation plans Completes an annual risk review of internal and external processes, identifying
relevant mitigation plans and implementing them.
• Ensures that logistics teams adhere to Quality guidelines specified by the Zone so that customers receive stock as per ABInBev Quality guidelines
• Adheres to Zone blocking mechanisms to ensure that blocked stock is at no time a risk to our stakeholders
• Manages DOC & stock age for finished goods inventories in order to proactively identify opportunities or alleviate write off risks with functional peers in Planning, Manufacturing and Commercial.
• Ensures that Daily, Weekly and Monthly Meeting routines are adhered to in line with mandatory VPO guidelines ( SCL, MCL, Mandatorily meetings)
• Conducts the Daily Logistics Meeting as per the specified TOR's listed in the VPO framework
• Ensures that Processes are standardized via SOP's and work standards are monitored and improved upon using Operational Work Diagnoses (OWD's)Tracks KPI's on a daily, weekly and monthly
• Basis in line with VPO Terms of Reference. Ensures that appropriate problem solving tools are applied for out of range KPI's in line with VPO methodology.
• Fosters a culture of continuous improvement by ensuring that routines and process are aligned to best in class standards through effective benchmarking
• Engages with HRBP and ensures that the Training Needs Analysis document is maintained in line with operational requirements for staff development
• Ensures that TNA weekly and Monthly training schedules are adhered to.
• Drives a problem solving culture through the use of VPO Problem solving tools (e. 5 Why, Abnormality Reports, OWD's, GAPA, PDCA, ITF) from Shopfloor to senior management
• Maintains a healthy IR climate by conducting documented monthly engagements with Union representatives
• Ensure that the Shopfloor is aligned in terms of goals and meeting routines to drive continuous improvement
• Ensures that Monthly One on Ones are conducted in line with the target review process
• Maintains a healthy IR climate with Partners (Owner Drivers, Temp Labour, Outsourced Services) through documented SLA Meetings
• Communication channels are open to relevant stakeholders via Monthly All Employee meetings.
• Ensures that internal compliance controls are adhered to in terms of Vendor payments, SOX and CSA controls.
• Ensures that management teams are trained on the Code of Business Conduct and strict adherence is in place. Effective use of the Compliance Channel is maintained.
• Ensures that Daily, Weekly and Monthly routines are adhered to in line with mandatory VPO guidelines
• 5S routines and improvement exercises are conducted on a weekly and monthly basis to uphold Brewery housekeeping standards
• Annual Business Descriptions are developed per functional area, taking into account SWOT Analysis and key business imperatives.
• Maintains a healthy relationship with T1 carriers to ensure Brewery throughput is maintained.
• Maintains interactions with T1 and FGCP to identify opportunities for glass reverse logistics back to the brewery.
• Engages with Packaging and Brewery planning around glass availability and Sales requirements to support Service Level.
• Ensures there is strict adherence to Inventory Policy within Warehouse.
• Manages Service Level Agreements ( on a weekly basis with Fleet, Quality and T1 functions
• Escalates relevant MBFU policy transgressions and takes appropriate actions to mitigate packaging downtime
• Manages weekly SLA with Sales with clearly documented information on Sizing, Sales Forecast and Potential Stock write offs. Performance measures to be shared weekly include Refusals performance, Sales Curve index, OODD, Drop size and OOS constraint
• Ensures that internal SLA agreements between Customer Service and Logistics are maintained
• Drives a strict adherence to flexed budgets with the Delivery and Warehouse management teams.
• Ensures that accountability is aligned to package owners
• Assumes overall accountability for Brewery Logistics Spend.
• Ensures that Management teams conduct sizing on a weekly and monthly basis in line with the Sales plan. Sizing risks are identified and relevant actions taken to mitigate.
• Accounts for over/underspends on a weekly and monthly basis dependent on the GL Frequency.
• 3 year Degree in Logistics or any other related field
• Minimum 6 years experience including Management, Logistics, Distribution Warehousing and Finance
• Familiar with local market environments
• Credibility within the business
• Knowledge of all relevant legislative requirements
• Knowledge of customer service principles
• Good interpersonal skills builds good relationships
• Superior planning ability
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good verbal and communicationskills
• Good self management principles
• Ability to adapt to and implement change effectively
• Excellent coaching capability
• Strives for continuous improvement
• Demonstrates leadership skills
• Good decision making ability
• Excellent numerical ability
• Good analytical ability
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers