Are you passionate about beauty and luxury brands? Would you like a genuine opportunity to make an impact and to work in a diverse environment with a team who is passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way?
Look no further, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client, known as one of the largest cosmetic and fragrance companies in the world, has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, eCommerce Manager who is passionate about the world of beauty and eCommerce, to join their Luxury/Beauty Division in Cape Town, South Africa.
As eCommerce Manager you will lead and develop the ecommerce business for the Africa region. This role requires the strategic and hands on approach when required to develop the business. Some of the responsibilities will include the set up and penetration of the Luxury & Consumer Beauty brands in game changer key accounts (market place and pure play e-commerce clients), develop and oversee the brands online sales, implementation of an excellent user experience and customer journey on the web, manage end to end relationship and performance for top e-retailer partners.
- We’d love to see candidates who have:
- 5 years of experience in e-commerce and business development
- Knowledge of FMCG, FMCG marketing specifically would be preferred.
- Deep understanding of market-place accounts like Amazon, Takealot or Jumia.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing platforms and subsequent media strategies to drive brand performance
- Has successfully delivered on KPIs, especially top and bottom line business results in this field
- Understanding of digital and tech is key
- Analytical skills with good knowledge of Excel and strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable to rapid change
- Hands-on mentality, not afraid to tackle administrative tasks
- Strong eye for detail
- Willingness to learn and Creative thinker
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Lead the development of e-commerce and omni-channel strategies. Gather cross-functional inputs, to determine company-wide opportunity values.
- Act as an expert on ecommerce accounts by building a formidable relationship to drive agreed business growth and turnover.
- Scope out opportunities for growth and key initiatives to leverage category growth and market share within ecommerce channel
- Innovate and activate key launches, campaigns and collaborations with marketing and digital for impactful brand presence leading to business.
- Ensure right presence on brands across top SKUs to ensure discoverability, build customer experience through brand pages under reTailers and product page details and compelling reasons to drive purchase.
- Innovate presence and utility of tech and digital where relevant.
- Drive the potential DTC (direct to consumer) opportunities.
- Leading digital marketing strategies to support key brand performance
- Lead the scoping future partners in terms of development potential, profitability, sales revenues and develop and implement the necessary plans of action.
- Build an efficient and successful ecommerce team for long term success.
- Build a sustainable relationship with existing accounts. Answering day to day client enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Analyse the results of the sales in depth to jointly develop new ways to optimize the performance of the accounts
- Competitive guaranteed TCTC package
- Company performance bonus based on global company performance. (variable pay, not guaranteed)
- Learning and growth opportunities on-the-job
- Inclusive, dynamic start up culture
- 23 days leave per annum
- Employee Wellness Programme
- Product allocation
- Company pension contribution
- Company medical aid scheme, means no pre-screenings for membership
- Preferential rates for Gap Cover
- Study leave for related studies as per Study Policy
- Opportunities to apply for global roles after a reasonable tenure with the company
Please Note: Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.