About the job
( 1852 )
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Set in the vibrant heart of Cape Town’s waterfront, surrounded by restaurants, shopping, art and entertainment; on the doorstep of Table Mountain; and within easy reach of spectacular beaches, national parks, and winelands; One&Only Cape Town is the ultimate curator of discovery, from active adventures, to mindful moments and exclusive, tailored experiences. The warm South African charm is one of our most unique and valued assets. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion
The successful colleague is to create joy by providing an extraordinary and seamless guest experience whilst communicating with all teams and ensuring a high attention to detail.
You will passionately and expertly create an ultra luxury guest experience, characterized by flawless efficiency and authentic emotional connection.
You will take ownership of any guest request which comes your way and see it through until completion. Through maximising internal communication platforms and tools available, adapting to new working methods and supporting all key players to ensure a smooth guest journey.
- Matric or equivalent
- Hospitality tertiary qualification
- 2-3 years front office or guest related experience in a 4 or 5 star property essential
- Computer literacy in microsoft office, OPERA or relevant property management system experience
- 1-2 years float/cash handling experience essential
- LQA knowledge advantageous
- Strong planning and organisation skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal with telephone etiquette
- Ability to work well under pressure and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work shifts
- Ability to be proactive in your approach to your duties
- Welcome guests personally to the resort
- Create joy, deliver a hand-crafted, personal and intuitive guest ecxperience for guests under your care through proactive communication pre-arrival, on property and post stay observation, listening and anticipating guest needs
- Profiling to engage with every guest, every day
- Daily itinerary review to ensure bookings are confirmed, preferences shared with departments and service providers
- Prepare room for guest taking into consideration preferences, requests, arrival time, number of people, nationality and any other information know to make experience individual
- Conduct in-room check-in where possible, alternatively intimate check-in in suitable area for guest comfort. Familiarise guest with resort, facilities and then the room itself
- Invite guest to confirm a daily host meeting to discuss their preferences, needs and itinerary.
- Check-in daily with guest to check if anything is required
- Daily room checks – ensure preferences, requests are delivered, belongings intuitively cared for and replenished
- Liaise regularly with agents on guest experience on property
- Act as a leading quality assurance(lqa) custodian by consistently delivering on or exceeding expectations as defined in lqa. Emphasis on emotional intelligence / connection with guests
- Create a special moment at next destination where possible, recognize special occasions annually, send a thank you note, invite feedback and be the conductor
- Communicate clearly with other teams, through gmh (guest messaging hub) and alice to ensure efficient service for our guests
- Check on activities for your guest in all areas to ensure ultimate experience as the ultimate host
- Prepare guest for departure offering assistance with transport, flight confirmations, boarding passes, luggage packing and wrapping, storage, car cleaning where applicable, breakfast boxes
- Arrange departure gift based on what is known about guest
- Review bill ahead of guest departure and ensure accurate charges, billing according to billing details and guest preferences
- Assist with in-room check out or be available in lobby to assist with check-out
- To actively participate in the tsa upselling program (especially focus on excursions, f&b packages, spa and room upsells) in order to enhance the guest experience and to meet the required targets set on a monthly basis.
- Settle all guests accounts prior to their departure by means of cash, credit or eft transactions in accordance with one&only policy
- Be responsible for a cash float during your shift
- Balance all individual cashiering at the end of your shift; report all discrepancies in accordance with company policy.
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.