At BDO, we believe in investing in our people to help them grow, both professionally and personally. The foundation of our business is strong relationship, with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders and we work hard every day to make this a reality. Our commitment is to create unlimited growth by giving our people continuous opportunities. BDO Johannesburg has a vacancy for a Junior IT Audit Manager in our Financial Services Technology Division. BDO’s global organisation extends across 167 countries and territories, with 88,120 people working out of 1,617 offices – and we’re all working towards one goal: to provide our clients with exceptional service. Our firms across the organisation cooperate closely and comply with consistent operating principles and quality standards.
The Junior Manager will be joining an exciting new Financial Services division within BDO and should be able to identify key IT risks related to financial reporting and thereafter key controls in order to develop innovative audit solutions. These solutions cater to the specific IT risks facing businesses within the Financial Services Industry, in addition to new IT risks, which are emerging as a result of exponential technologies such as machine learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and robotics. The Junior Manager will also oversee and ensure that projects run efficiently and profitably from inception to sign-off by managing all the relevant stakeholders in accordance with the Firm's policies and procedures. The Junior Manager further supports the seniors with clients' commercial management and business development initiatives.
- The Junior IT Audit Manager will inter alia be responsible for:
- Information Technology General Controls
- Application Controls
- Assess the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of transaction processing
- Good understanding of client's environments and identifying Risks and Controls
- Maintaining a relationship with the financial audit team and keeping them up to date on the progress of work
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff
- Review of all work related to IT assignments
- Having an in depth understanding of IT risk management, IT governance concepts and best practice frameworks
- Participate in proposal development as and when required
- Participate in training efforts
- Compiling engagement letters and budgeting
- COBIT, ITIL, ISO27000-2 and other models is advantageous
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bcom Internal Audit
- Bcom Information Systems/Informatics
- BSc Computer Science
- BA Information Management
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification is advantageous
- The candidate should have experience working at clients in the Financial Services Industry.
- 3 years working experience in Internal Audit, IT Audit, IT Advisory or Forensics.
- Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry
- Communication (Verbal and Written) and negotiation skills
- Personal Development (Emotional Intelligence / Continuous Development)
- Relationship Management (Building successful teams)
- Growing the Business (Entrepreneurial spirit / Looking for Business)
- Client Focus (Planning, organising and control)
- Socially aware and able to work as part of a diverse team
- Ability to plan, organise and control
- Client focussed
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist in generating new client leads by using different tools and platforms e.g. networking, client base analysis; diversifying from a current project
- Assist with new client research and presentation
- Participate in special assignment as and when required
- Timeous and accurate billing of clients, using fee arrangement letters
Operations and Processes:
- Timeously host the pre-audit meeting and ensure that the planning meeting is set up
- Ensure that the planning is signed off before commencement of the audit
- Prepare detailed time budgets, allocating the work to specific team members
- Assign staff to engagements, determine the number of staff and the level of experience required, thereby ensuring that the project is adequately staffed
- Communication of deadlines and budget to staff
- Liaison with client and preparation of the schedule of audit requirements.
- Oversee and ensure that all the project activities comply with the firm's policies and procedures
- Perform a review on all sections in the file
- Perform the function of principal client contact
- Manage client relationship and ensure that all queries are solved timeously
- Decide on appropriateness of audit opinion by resolving issues which might impact on the audit opinion and ensuring that these are brought to the attention of seniors and documentation thereof
- Review timesheets and problem areas for individuals
- Manage and ensure that the project is delivered within the scope agreed on
- Review the work-in-progress and discuss with senior for action.
- Ultimate responsibility for bringing tasks/ objectives to completion, sign-off and archiving in conjunction with the Engagement Partner
- Attend and facilitate wrap-up meetings
- Negotiate overruns, underruns and budgets
- Provide adequate on the job training, counselling and evaluation
People Development, Learning and Growth:
- Timeous completion of workings once completed by the trainee
- Build relationships with the trainee
- Mentoring of trainees and seniors when required
- Assist and/ or lead 1 or more BDO FS and FST’s pillars
- Be responsible for staff movements on and off the job (approval of leave) and timeously communicate to all relevant parties.
- Ensure that the files for archiving are done
The appointment will be made in terms of the firm’s Employment Equity Policy. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Closing Date:19/11/2020