The Multichoice Group is a broad-based multinational media and entertainment group headquartered in South Africa, Dubai and Netherlands with principal operations in pay television, video entertainment, advertising and content security serving rapidly growing base of 13,5 million households. Eminent brands within the Group include DSTV, GOTv, SuperSport, M-net, DSTVnow, Showmax and Europe based content security leader Irdeto. Key areas of operations are:
- Storytelling ranging from content creation, production and aggregation including the best global general entertainment, sport and eminent African content library, delivered to customers
- Pay Television: direct-to-home satellite and digital terrestrial television services;
- SVOD: subscription video on demand services across multiple online platforms with a focus on library and local content in developing markets, and
- Advertising: providing dynamic media solutions; handling commercial airtime, on-air sponsorships, content integration, and online sales across a variety of 130+ channel brands on linear TV, VOD, social media, and digital platforms.
The group’s strength lies in its focus on local language and culture, its entrepreneurial spirit and the quality of its workforce. Multichoice Group has a successful history of identifying trends early, adapting them for the markets in which it operates and leveraging them to maximum advantage. The group generates revenues primarily through subscription model, with a growing contribution from advertising revenue. Its key objectives are to:
- Expand Pay TV, SVOD subscriber base and Advertising sales
- Focus on investment and technology
- Maintain a local approach
- Provide quality service
- Attract innovative and motivated employees
The MultiChoice Group is a multinational media and entertainment group headquartered in South Africa, Dubai and the Netherlands with principal operations in pay television, video entertainment, advertising and content security. Brands within the Group include DStv, GOtv, SuperSport, M-Net, DStv Media Sales, Showmax and European-based content security leader Irdeto. We’re proud to say we serve 14 million households across 50 African markets, with a successful history of identifying and adapting to industry trends, allowing us to continuously deliver the best in entertainment.
Our strength lies in focusing on local language and culture, promoting an entrepreneurial spirit and being powered by a talented and dedicated workforce. By joining our team, you can help us achieve our objectives of expanding our pay-TV and SVOD (Subscription Video On demand) subscriber bases, improving advertising sales, spearheading cutting-edge technology, supporting local content and providing an exceptional customer experience.
Join Africa’s most loved storyteller!
- DStv Subscribers – South Africa, Internal divisions; and associate companies, Departmental customers within Marketing & Sales division, Third party agencies
Purpose of the Position:
- To assist Marketing Manager to Implement and develop product marketing plan & campaigns to launch & focuses on the Through-the-Line aspect of the campaign roll-out.
Key Performance Objectives
Development & Implementation
- Assist Marketing Manager to Implement and develop product marketing plan & campaigns to launch, maintain and sustain marketing programme, by identifying and understanding the segment key issues and opportunities thereof.
- Synergise briefs and service the following key stakeholders: Content teams (both channel & platform), On-air teams, Digital Team, activations agencies, regional sales teams and any other relevant stakeholders
- Manage Media chaselists & ensure correct & timely delivery of creative elements to media owners
- Collating of all campaign assets, content highlights; Tune-in details; Footage & stills plus Channel IP(logos etc) Write concise briefs for partner agencies as part of the planning process.
- Continuously collating, filing and updating all creative and media elements from First revert to final delivery
- Ensuring partner agencies package and circulate Post Campaign analysis report
- Maintenance of guard book. Collating creative and media schedules (e.g. on-air promos, Newspapers; radio sound bites, activation reports etc...) This must be done at the end of every campaign and must guide the parameters of successive campaigns. Supplying brand collateral e.g. Channel & platform logos, descriptors etc
- Liaise with BTL, ATL, On-Air & Digital agencies from briefing, conceptualization & implementation – leveraging relevant content to create engagement opportunities with the consumer, so as to drive Product Uptake and Utility of VAS.
Activations & Campaigns
- Keeping abreast of all content plans from channel suppliers & platform teams and collating programming highlights.
- Compile report-back presentations of all other marketing campaigns
Budgeting, Planning & Organising
- Providing a detailed activations plan for the fiscal and providing weekly post activation feedback.
- Maintenance of guard book. Collating creative and media schedules (e.g. on-air promos, Newspapers; radio sound bites, activation reports etc...) This must be done at the end of every campaign and must guide the parameters of successive campaigns. Supplying brand collateral e.g. Channel & platform logos, descriptors etc.
- Continuously tracking actual spend against budget and informing manager timeously of potential over-spend. Monthly post campaign budget recon must be presented to management.
- Marketing degree or 3 Year IMM diploma or equivalent (NQF6)
- 3-5 years’ experience of the major marketing disciplines required: brand planning, advertising development, media planning etc.
- 3-5 years’ experience in qualitative and quantitative research.
- Social Media Engagement
- Campaign Management
- Budget Management
- Marketing Management
- Planning and Organising
- Project Management