Welcome to Coca-Cola South Africa, the company that does the most for community upliftment and is the home of South Africa’s favourite brand. It is the mission of TheCoca-Cola Company to refresh the world, inspire moments of optimism and happiness, create value and make a difference. Here you’ll find everything you want to know about the Coca-...
Read more about this company
Job Description Summary:
As we navigate the dynamic global environment, we continue to evolve and innovate. The Resource Allocation and Commercial Finance Director, Africa will have the following responsibilities:
Focus, Scope, & Impact:
All responsibilities described are focused to drive and deliver results in the Financial space for Key Customers/Channels within the Africa Operating Unit:
- Provides high-level analysis and delivery of customer-specific portfolio and marketing programs and actions within assigned customers/channel and/or geography; assesses and delivers customer/channel - or property-specific applications of global or regional programs to maximize value; directs or manages specific programs or projects to achieve targeted customer and/or property objectives.
- Contributes to the development of short-term operational plans and strategies for Financial capabilities development; identifies and eliminates significantly complex barriers to success for portfolio profitability maximization in partnership with Customer & Commercial Leadership (CCL) teams; develops and implements models that drive long-term profitability, sustainability and scalability. Manages within the new network organization by recommending medium-term planning for the customer/channel landscape or geography
- Manages financial planning and analysis activities to identify risks and opportunities; contributes to the achievement of the organization’s financial goals; carries out economic feasibility studies for investments in new products; prepares reports and makes recommendations to senior management about the financial implications of proposed investments and transactions; maintains positive relationships with the networked financial community
- Perform financial analysis of projects related to Key Accounts clients, such as commercial agreements or new products, packages and SKU launches in a specific customer. Scope of work includes the tracking of P&L by customer and search for opportunities to leverage profitability.
- Management and overall responsibility for the Franchise Direct Marketing investments (DMI) (both Marketing Deductions and Direct Marketing Expenses) and oversight responsibility for Bottler DMI investments ensuring consistency in approach, analysis of returns and business performance tracking.
- Responsible to drive focus, understanding and use of marketing and investment ROI analysis tools and metrics across all investments – Coca-Cola (KO) and Bottler; embedding a culture of clear financial responsibility in every budget owner.
- Provide resource re-allocations recommendations across the OU and Franchises, as well as across categories and brands, always based on fact based financial data to support the investment decisions.
- Communicate to management business performance against specific KBIs.
- Lead and coordinate the DMI ZBW process across the Operating Unit and support the alignment of DMI investments with franchises and Bottling Partners.
Impact across 54 countries within Africa. All countries, Global/Regional customers within the OU in which this position is assigned.
Goals and/or strategies for the role focus on short-term (1 year), mid-term (2-3 years) or long term (3+ years):
- Short-term: 2022 plan execution and delivery and 2022 Customer’s/Channel Business Plan development and execution.
- Mid-term: Strategic and Operational interface with Global/Regional Customers with the Franchises and Bottlers to influence business direction, operative resource prioritization and profitability of total portfolio.
- Long-Term: Expand RGM and Financial Capabilities across the KO System to maximize revenues, volume and profit
Key Success Parameters:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Finance Operations and/or Financial planning scenarios for portfolio management.
- Proven record of delivering results and leadership in complex matrix organizations; able to work with multiple functions including Marketing, Customers, Operations, Commercial Planning and Finance in both the Company and Bottler
- Relevant experience on total Portfolio understanding, Consumer and/or Shopper financial-commercial implications, Category Management, RGM, Global-Regional-Local activation plans (innovation, portfolio execution, promotions, etc…)
- Bottler and/or Customer Development experience advantageous.
- Function as the primary contact from a finance perspective with Franchise Leadership Teams, Bottlers and Customers (Global and Regional)
- Define and implement the Financial Operating Model for Global/Regional customers
- Negotiate and coordinate the operating and financial principles with KO System and Customers
- Implement and comply with financial policies, procedures and required infrastructure to operate in partnership with Bottlers and Customers.
- Provide financial support within the Network Organization in collaboration with CCL, Marketing, Technical and Franchise Leadership
- Provide high quality analysis and recommendations to KA managers regarding commercial agreements negotiations
- Support the routines of the area, such as Actual, Business Plan, Rolling Estimate analysis of customers P&L
- Support ad-hoc analysis and demands related to KA finance area
- Responsible for maintaining KA’s finance tool – Customer Pricing Tool
Key Knowledge Imperatives:
- Effective and persuasive communication skills, deadline accomplishments and project management, ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to optimize strategic relationships and networks: managing multiple, critical relationships within KO areas to leverage integration and collaboration;
- Business approach to the tasks assigned
- Systemic understanding & knowledge of the Coca-Cola system / market, and portfolio
- Financial sensitivity of business economics and pricing impact
- Coca-Cola system value chain processes: logistics, distribution, sales, point of sale execution, pricing, package development, consumer behavior, customer economics, channel characteristics and operation
Broad Expertise/ Good to have:
- Fluent in English, French, Portuguese and/ or Arab a plus
- Ability of being structured under an unstructured environment, and to administrate complexity
- Able to build relationships & network with bottlers and within the company
- Budgeting, Business Decisions, Business Finance, Cash Flow, Communication, Corporate Finance, Developing Plans, Finance, Financial Management, Financial Operations, Financial Statements, General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), General Ledger, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Leadership, Matrix Management, Microsoft Office, Organizational Strategy, Persuasion, Profitability, Project Management, Strategy Development, Teamwork
Closing Date: 8th, March 2022
go to method of application »
Job Description Summary:
Key working parameters
Focus, Scope, & Impact:
- The Consumer and Shopper Connections lead, Coca-Cola will drive the thinking on the consumer and shopper experience in Coca-Cola category across Africa:
- How to design marketing around E2E consumer journey and shopper path to drive greater conversion, focusing on experience orchestration and experience consistency
- Connecting the brand business and creative strategies with a consumer-centric ecosystem, that will leverage owned, earned, shared & paid touchpoints as well as brand assets
- Designing and implementing the E2E path-to-purchases that take into account consumer and shopper journeys, connects with brand rituals building and have a high focus on weekly + conversion
- Assess and design new ways to segment consumers and audiences for better connection and new/creative ways to connect with consumers using both traditional and new media
- Designing the next generation of consumer & shopper engagement strategy using both digital and physical touchpoints to deliver an end to end seamless experience, before, during and after purchase.
- Connecting brand experiences with brand rituals building and in order to significantly improve weekly + conversion
- Assists the evaluation and selection of Communication partners – reviews work of and relationships with agencies assigned to the projects; determines opportunities for getting best‐in‐class talent. Assists his team in selecting agencies; helps manage ongoing agency relationships and project and budget dynamics
- The Consumer and Shopper Connections lead will carry out duties individually while interacting regularly with the global IMX team, key players in the OU IMX team, OU Category Leaders, Creative Strategists and Brand Managers and the Franchise Marketing teams.
Key Success Parameters
- Significant marketing, media, and leadership experience (12-15 years)
- Direct experience in Communication Strategy and Planning/Integrated Planning at an Advertising/Communications agency
- Direct experience with connections, digital marketing, media strategy and communication planning for leader and smaller brands
- Preference for individuals with experience in working in consumer and shopper/commercial plans
- Experience working with marketing in the field is preferred
- Experience working in cross-functional and cross-geographical teams
- Communicating, influence and negotiate across multiple stakeholders
- Experience in leading strategic conversations, negotiations and alignment with senior and key stakeholders
- Ability to provide input to brand & creative strategy at category level
- Ability to lead integrated brand experience for specific categories and multiple touch points that are effective and efficient
- Deep understanding of the evolved media landscape and e-commerce
- Expertise in working with different external partners (i.e.: agencies, production houses, media companies, influencers)
- Ability to work in Agile cross-functional teams
- Role will require frequent communication with OU End-to-End Experience Design lead, OU IMX lead, OU Category teams, Franchise Marketing lead and teams, global IMX team;
- Role will also interact frequently with external parties, particularly agencies and media companies
Key Knowledge Requirements
- Media strategy and planning
- Digital marketing
- Consumer and shopper engagement
- Integrated planning
- Connection strategy and planning
- Account Management, Business Development, Business Insights, Communication, Consultative Sales Management, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Customer Service Management, Influencing Decisions, Leadership, Marketing, National Account Sales, Negotiation, Pitch Presentations, Results-Oriented, Sales Forecasting, Sales Management, Sales Process
Closing Date: 3rd, March 2022