Solutions Architect: Cloud DevOps Artchitect at FNB South Africa
Posted on: 19 December, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking/Financial Services
View All Jobs at FNB South Africa
FNB, a proudly South African bank, we believe it is our responsibility to actively participate in our shared goal of building the best South Africa we can. Help may be the core principle that guides our business philosophy, but we also believe in the power of help to create a better world. If we can foster a culture of help, we will unite all South Africans in a common cause to help build a better country. Help can be the bridge between can't and can.
The Solutions Architect will be appointed to design and implement a DevOps strategy, practice, operating model and toolset for secure and consumable cloud operation of these strategies.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and track expenditure to maximise cost benefit ratios of functional value chains
- Develop strategies to improve operational and cost efficiencies by tracking, controlling and influencing activities with the aim of reducing costs.
- Contribute to sustaining a competitive edge through external networking and benchmarking and representation on related forums.
- Develop networks and build alliances to build and strengthen internal support bases
- Engage in cross-functional activities.
- Collaborate across boundaries and find common ground with a widening range of stakeholders
- Design and drive the implementation of a framework, ensuring delivery of a comprehensive range of services that meet or exceed needs and expectations.
- Define and influence the implementation of a cross-functional integration, enabling and encouraging exceptional service
- Execute defined business strategy by translating it into the business operations
- Communicate 'top down' policy modification, objective achievement progress and critical success factors to impacted stakeholders.
- Ensure the development and implementation of practices in alignment with operational policy and procedural frameworks
- Identify interconnected problems, determine their impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; driving best practice solutions.
- Be aware of and responsive to local conditions
- Use insights and knowledge gained from high level reports to conduct abstract, conceptual
- Ensure compliance is adopted in terms of systems and procedures as laid out by FNB and industry standards.
- Design and implement a control framework to ensure the integrity of operations and practices.
- Ensure ongoing training and effective campaigns are implemented across the business to ensure the understanding of cyber risk and the impact.
- Identify training/development needs and pro-actively identify effective solutions to address own and employee development gaps.
- Create an environment conducive to cross-functional skills transfer.
- Plan training interventions which support FNB and Group strategies
- Cuts to the core of issues and applies effective analysis, logic and creativity to identify and implement solutions
- Knowledge of and the ability to describe the benefits of and disruption potential of the latest cloud-based technologies.
- 8 years plus IT experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in multiple Cloud platforms
- Experience in Enterprise Datacenter Operations.
- Experience in infrastructure-as-code and DevOps practises.
- Experience in configuration automation and deployment automation.
- Knowledge of Cloud security best practice and hardening guides.
- Knowledge of networking and storage architectures.
- Strong Documentation and presentation / communication skills.
- Azure Professional or AWS Architect Certification preferred
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to FNB South Africa career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about FNB South AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Manager at Standard Bank Group
- Job Opening at One Finance & Investment Limited
- Job Opening at Citi
- Job Opening at Old Mutual South Africa
- Job Opening at FBN South Africa
- Job Opening at Rand Merchant Bank
- Job Openings at Capitec Bank
- Risk Manager at Citi