Job Opening at Transnet Freight Rail
Posted on: 5 March, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Transnet Freight Rail
Transnet Freight Rail is the largest division of Transnet SOC Ltd. It is a world class heavy haul freight rail company that specialises in the transportation of freight. The company maintains an extensive rail network across South Africa that connects with other rail networks in the sub-Saharan region, with its rail infrastructure representing about 80% of Africa's total.
Position Purpose :
- Develop, review, maintain, communicate and co-ordinate the implementation of Human Factors Management/Ergonomic policies, standards and/or guidelines, procedures, processes and systems to ensure continual improvement in human safety practices and railway safety regulatory compliance (i.e. SANS 3000-4 and Act 16) by providing a specialist professional
- service, in order to contribute to the reduction of human error related rail incidents and employee well being.
- Assisting with the development, implementation, review and maintenance of Human Factors policies, processes, procedures, guidelines and/or standards in order to promote an efficient, effective, reliable and safe railway.
- Raising awareness regarding Human Factors related hazards and the importance of compliance to policies, standards and/or guidelines, procedures, processes within TFR operational environments.
- Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that Transnet Freight Rail complies with the Human Factors requirements and conditions for application of a safety permit.
- Conduct Human Factors Management related risk assessment and audits with appropriate interventions to ensure continual identification of risk areas and safety improvement initiatives.
- National and international benchmarking of best practices to improve the Human Factors Management within operational environment in particular.
- Coordinate research that will optimize the interaction between employees and their working environment.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Review the outcomes and effectiveness of the Human Factors interventions at regular intervals to ensure compliance to relevant legislation and to communicate any changes to the relevant stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience :
Relevant postgraduate qualification in Human factors/ Ergonomics.
1-3 years working experience in human factors/ ergonomics. additional qualifications and
experience in ergonomic improvement projects in an industrial environment will be
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Transnet Freight Rail career website on www.transnet.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs