The Faircape Group is an independent development and property management company with more than 30 years of success in the industry. We incorporate free standing homes, sectional title units, as well as mixed use residential and commercial buildings.
The Faircape Group operates 6 high end retirement/lifestyle villages in the Western Cape. Locations of these estates are in Noordhoek, Kirstenhof, Tokai, Somerset West and Onrus. We are looking for a Waiter for our Onrus Manor facility. This is a temporary position to fill in for an employee who is going on maternity leave.
Job duties include, but is not limited to the following:
- Cleaning agreed designated areas, in accordance with laid-down procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements.
- Changing table linen as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is counted and exchanged for clean, usable items.
- Cleaning and refilling cruet and condiment sets.
- Setting tables to laid-down standards, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair.
- To be totally familiar with the composition of all menu items.
- Serving food and beverages in accordance with laid-down standards, in a professional, courteous manner.
- At all times to be aware of and practice good customer relations, assisting the residents in any way which does not adversely affect other customers. Attending to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- To be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress Working hours
- Shifts are Mondays to Sundays from 07h00 to 19h00, according to the roster. You will be required to work 16 shifts per month.
Requirements Experience and knowledge:
- Proven experience as Waiter Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team Good interpersonal and communication skills Benefits We offer a competitive monthly cost to company salary. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Tokai Estate, an exclusive lifestyle / retirement village managed by the well respected Faircape Group has a vacancy for a Front of House Manager.
The purpose of the FOH Manager is to ensure
- A quality meal and refreshment service (including the bar) is provided to all residents.
- The job incumbent will take responsibility for the stock control and management of all beverages (including wine) served in the dining room and bar.
- Furthermore the job incumbent will be responsible for coordination of the waiters, full responsibility for the bar and billing of residents refreshments at the bar (liaison with the Village Administrator).
- The job incumbent will further assist the Village Manager and Client Services Officer with any events and/or activities being held in the club house.
Specific duties include, but is not limited to the following:
- Stock Control Conduct weekly and monthly stock counts.
- Ordering of stock (to be signed off by Village Manager) – liaise with Admin Officer and execute follow up and delivery.
- Daily receipting and updating of stock counts.
- Meal And Refreshment Service Manage the full meal and refreshment service with assistance from waiters in both the clubhouse and healthcare.
- All meal bookings Placements of residents in clubhouse Ad hoc drinks service (ie cocktails on special occasions).
- Provide a full wine service during lunches.
- Manage the afternoon tea and cake service in the dining room.
- Bar Service Work as barman at the bar in dining room on allocated evenings Daily, weekly and monthly stock takes (with Ops Manager) on refreshments and glassware
- Daily cash up Set Up For Meal Time And Service Check on setting of tables, cleanliness of cutlery, crockery and glassware on all tables.
- Report anomalies to Village Manager and Hospitality amp;
- Ensure all tables has bowl of ice as requested Meet and greet residents. Take complaints and compliments and pass on to the Food Service Manager Coffee Shop
- Co-oridinate and manage the service from Waiters at the coffee shop Manage stock in the coffee shop Billing of all orders in coffee shop Daily cash ups according to procedure
- Events Assist the Village Manager and CSO with the set up for events in the dining room (ie themed and special lunches).
- Meet and greet residents attending the function.
- Assist with the cleaning after the function and ensure the decor is safely Clubhouse Area Open umbrellas on patio when weather is good, and fold down at the end of the day.
- CSO to attend to this on RA off days.
- Assist with the preparation and clearing away for events in the activity centre.
- Ensure that all games equipment is accounted for and stored correctly. Daily Checks Do daily checks on all equipment and lights in the clubhouse area and report inconsistencies to the Village Manager or Maintenance/Estate Manager.
- Switch on TV and play music during meal times Switch lights on in the morning Switch on air condition and ensure it is set at the right temperature Report any housekeeping anomalies to the Estate/Maintenance Manager Staff Management (waiters - Clubhouse And Healthcare)
- Shifts and rostering of all Waiters Arrange for replacement of waiters Signing off on all Waiter hours every month (clockings)
- Handling of customer complaints as reported by the Waiters Working Hours: The incumbent will be working 16 shifts per month, according to the roster, Monday to Sunday (07h00 - 19h00).
- Requirements Qualifications - Senior certificate and tertiary qualification in hospitality advantageous Skills and attributes -
- Proven experience in hospitality industry and/or similar environment. Knowledge of serving etiquette and basic wine knowledge.
- Basic admin knowledge.
- Proven organisational and admin skills.
- Excellent communication skills, computer literate, customer service orientation, responsible, accountable and dedicated.
- Specific requirements - Clear health record, clear criminal and credit record.
- Benefits In addition to a lovely working environment, Faircape offers a competitive cost to company salary.
- Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested and qualified? Go to Faircape Group career website on www.linkedin.com to apply