Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
ROLE: Applications Solution Engineering Director - ERP/EPM/HCM/CX
HIRING MANAGER: Paolo Maraziti, Vice President Applications Client Engagement, ECEMEA
Our Solution Engineers have specialist and industry knowledge to help our customers build their cloud journeys. In partnership with sales, we collaborate with our customers to inspire them with an innovative solution roadmap to drive outstanding ROI in their businesses.
This role will be aligned to the Applications portfolio for ERPM and HCM South Africa, with close collaboration with the regional CX team to meet the local CX requirements.
• Partner with Sales Leadership teams across the entire Sales Cycle taking a leading role in account planning and customer strategy development
• Manage and prioritise sales opportunities for a team of individual solution engineers, located in South Africa
• Liaise with the regional Client Engagement team to share knowledge and support regional opportunities
• Drive innovation and create high customer impact translating Oracle’s innovation into customer value
• Build visibility and reputation for Solution Engineering across different LOBs, functions and geographies
• Drive the strategic growth of EMEA Applications through an active contribution to the SE Community
• Lead and develop a high performing modern solution engineering team – from both a product perspective as well as customer interaction
• Engaging multiple cross functional resources pertaining to customer requests and product enhancements.
• Actively recruit and hire highly qualified team members while conducting performance management on an ongoing basis within the region
• Motivate team members and encourage individual career development
• Facilitate the success of the team and individuals through coaching, counselling and performance managing, while quickly getting new hires ready to contribute effectively to the region
• Effective management of team and ability to utilise network across the region to drive value for customers
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong leadership traits in executing and influencing
• Critical thinking abilities
• Effective collaboration
• Executive Networking
• Ability to discuss and demonstrate business benefits and value to a customer of a technical solution
• Ambition for results and “can do” attitude and a mindset towards continuous process improvement and innovation
• Ability to use Emotional Intelligence to achieve desired results and resolve obstacles
• Proven ability to build and lead high-performing teams and motivate others.
• Build strong relationships within partners and customers to ensure value is realised from sales activities
• Extensive knowledge of business applications across ERPM and HCM – mandatory
• Deep knowledge of Oracle’s solutions and customers – highly advantageous
• 10-15+ years of experience as Solution Engineer or Implementation Consultant practitioner in enterprise transformation projects across multiple industries within South Africa
• Experience in leading a diverse team as direct manager
• Proven experience in managing workforce planning, allocation and prioritising of work for a team of 10+
• Understanding of Oracle’s Cloud strategy and the SaaS marketplace
• Sales methodology knowledge, including processes and disciplines
• Ability to apply technology to drive innovation, experience in utilising design thinking and customer journey mapping a plus
• Ability to engage across the client organisation from c-level to users
• Deep meaningful relationships with top Oracle customers in the South African market
• C-level relationships in Oracle’s key customers is a plus
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sales cycle.
As part of the Oracle sales team you will direct and manage pre-sales resources throughout the sales cycle. Provides technical/functional leadership to the sales team in the development and implementation of customer applications and customer products. Participates in account planning and strategy development. May publishes technical information of specific applications and/or technical articles. Works with management to define new products. Serves as the company liaison on specific technical projects with customers.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations is important. Knowledge of software industry relating to all aspects of ebusiness solutions. Demonstrated leadership skills. Strong presentation skills. Ability to travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers