Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The General Manager: Strategy and Transformation will be accountable for the end to end shaping (i.e. ideating, refining, and business justification), scoping, delivery, performance management and embedment of a portfolio of cross-functional strategic programs linked to MTNs Ambition 2025 strategy.
The General Manager: Strategy and Transformation will lead combined teams of in-house consultants, 3rd party contractors/partners and subject matter experts from the business in project teams depending on program requirements. The position will act as a program lead for multiple programs simultaneously.
The General Manager Strategy and Transformation will also be accountable for building MTN’s program execution capacity through creation and implementation of best practice process, systems and people, management techniques with within their program teams and in the wider organisation.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum 4-year Academic Degree
- Minimum Post graduate qualification (MBA/CA/Masters)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in structuring, scoping, and delivering large and complex programs end-to-end and working across diverse stakeholder groups and project teams
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry working with or consulting for telco operators or their strategic suppliers
- Significant experience working across diverse cultures and geographies; building and leading high-performance teams; building and leveraging high-impact executive-level relationships
- Proven track record of business improvement
- Resilience and agility: Ability to lead complex, ambiguous, high profile programs and deal with the volatile nature of a program environment
- Leadership skills: Ability to work across multiple dimensions, approachable, strong listening skills of stakeholder expectations. Strong communication skills at all levels and the ability to collaborate with teams, internal and external stakeholders with/without formal reporting relationships i.e. exceptional ability to lead with influence
- Problem Solving skills: Analytical and critical thinking are essential in evaluating problems and reaching solutions. This skill requires at times logical methodical approach and in other situations creativity and lateral thinking. Persuasion and negotiation will be also important.
- Execution and Implementation Skills: Reliability, results-oriented, proven track record of delivery and can-do attitude
- Challenger mind-set: Ability to engage with senior business stakeholders and challenge the status quo utilizing data analytics and problem-solving capabilities
- Holistic View and Attention to Detail: Balancing the big picture view and attention to detail is a critical skill to build trust with stakeholders at all levels.
- Developing strategies and producing error-free deliverables, leads and demonstrates the Transformation office is thorough and recommendations are solid.
- Prioritisation management: Ability to manage the allocated time and resources efficiently
- Industry knowledge: ability to demonstrate an understanding of the telco industry
- Analytical and conceptual problem solving
- Programme Management
- Performance Management
- Financial Analysis and Modelling
- Business / Process Analytics
- Change Management
- Internal and external Stakeholder/Relationship Management