About the Job
Design, develop, implement, and support technological solutions to meet business requirements in accordance with specifications. Design, develop, implement, and support technological solutions to meet business requirements in accordance with specifications.
Responsibilities and work outputs:
- Produce code that is easily maintainable.
- Produce code that adheres to functional and technical specifications.
- Adhere to technical standards.
- Produce code that is well documented.
- Consume secured REST API's.
- Adhere to architecture principles and policies.
- Contribute in design sessions.
- Analyse impact of proposed changes to programs and provide estimates.
- Assist other developers.
- Perform quality assurance checks / code reviews.
- Contribute to the establishment of best practice standards.
- Prepare technical specifications.
- Perform unit and system testing.
- Ensure audit, security and access control requirements are adhered to.
- Adhere to deadlines.
- Participate in all scrum ceremonies
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training/ knowledge sharing sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and developments.
- Updating work schedules for Production support and performing troubleshooting as required.
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to understand the business, channel, and user experience strategy. Provide design direction to best meet customer and business goals.
- Commitment Anticipates, meets, and exceeds customers and stakeholders' expectations. Has a high operational accountability and directly influences customer service through design.
Drive for Results
- Requires good time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
Leads Change and Innovation
- Challenge the status quo, does what is right for the business and the customer, and encourage continuous improvement and innovation.
- Create and maintain an open, positive working environment.
- Team spirit: strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
Self-awareness and insight
- Manages self and relationships with others effectively, deals with ambiguity, uncertainty and pressure.
Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Is sensitive to individual and cultural differences and demonstrates humility and an openness to engage people from diverse backgrounds and cultures to the mutual benefit of all parties concerned.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of full-time software development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients.
Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills Additional Information Languages:
- Scripting languages Frameworks and specs:
- Java EE 7+
- OAuth 2.0
- Microservice architectures
- JSF (bonus)
- Angular 2+ (bonus)
- Cloud services
- Document databases
- Basic networking
- ELK stack
- CI/CD pipelines Methodologies: