Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
About SPARK Schools:
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
Our blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Schools Foundation Phase English teachers drive student achievement by maintaining high expectations for classroom culture, behaviour, and academic growth for all students.
SPARK Schools Foundation Phase English teachers are Foundation Phase specialists, who receive on-going professional development customised for their past experience and individual needs.
The Foundation Phase English Teachers are integral to the SPARK Schools’ “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
● Plan for and be prepared to deliver lessons to students
● Provide instruction in a variety of subjects and reach students with engaging lesson plans and resources.
● Collaborate with grade level and content area partners to develop rigorous, engaging learning experiences and to create
individualised behaviour and learning plans for all students in class face to face or online.
● Lead weekly SEL (Social Emotional Learning) circles and implement SPARK Schools Social Emotional Learning curriculum.
● Use SPARK culture and implement behaviour management strategies.
● Administer weekly and termly assessments to track student progress and analyse the data for student growth.
● SPARK Educators should have a core focus on student achievement and should drive all scholars to meet the required
● Submit student results data when required.
● Attend pre-service professional development before the school year begins and attend weekly professional development and
any other training interventions.
● Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues, parents and other stakeholders.
● Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
● Nurture a high achieving work environment where all students feel genuinely valued and supported.
● Attend Saturday events and parent community meetings.
● Implement strategies implemented by the Crisis Management team.
● Adhere to the child protection, anti-bullying and health and safety policy.
● Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools to staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.
Qualifications and Criteria:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
● B.Ed. degree or H.Dip.Ed. or PGCE. Foundation Phase. Recently qualified teachers are encouraged to apply!
● Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE).
● SAQA accreditation for non-South African equivalent qualifications
● English language fluency.
● A clear criminal record
● Recently qualified teachers or teachers with experience are encouraged to apply!
Skills and Mindset:
● Strong desire to be part of a vibrant and dynamic technology-driven work environment fostering creativity, collaboration and an atmosphere that encourages and allows top performers to thrive.
● Strong desire to be part of a collaborative, team spirited and fast growing Social ImpactDisruptor and Society Shaper who is leading change in the education space in South Africa through transformational education innovation, ensuring the accessibility of university and careers for all.
● Strong desire to be part of a learning culture with excellent career development and advancement opportunities supported by individualised professional development, support and mentorship.
● Ability, Desire and Passion to deliver high quality transformational education at affordable fees to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
We are looking for ‘’GEMS’’ with the following attributes:
● Grit: Persistence through challenges.
● Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
● Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
● Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
fair market linked remuneration
performance-based annual bonuses and increases
above average/good annual leave
life, disability and funeral cover
employee wellness support
educational support & study leave
individualised professional development, support and mentorship
employee discount on school fees
opportunities for career growth
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers