What’s it all about?
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance and more. Currently, the push payments market around the world is estimated to be an $80T opportunity.
The Visa Direct Sales Leader SSA reports to the Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader, with a dual reporting into the country MS&A leader. The role will lead sales acceleration for Visa Direct, high priority countries around the world. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a new ecosystem in the fast-moving world of payments and one of the most important initiatives at Visa.
This role will be responsible for partnering with sales leaders to account manage new acquiring platforms as well as achieving sales targets and contributing to the continued growth of Visa Direct. We will be working in an agile environment so this person must be influential in demonstrating the value of Visa Direct, proactive in ensuring we achieve our goals, and skilled in pivoting and adjusting as new information and lessons learned come to light.
This is a matrix, cross-functional role so organisational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with specialised product groups, financial institution sales, merchant and acquiring sales, client consulting, marketing and corporate communications, legal, and finance to coordinate the end goal of achieving aspirational objectives.
Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in strategy and business growth with a proven record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Achieve or exceed aggressive sales targets for Visa Direct in the country
- Achieve annual sales goals for both merchant and acquirer sales of Visa Direct, in partnership with local sales teams
- Take clients through the sales cycle from prospecting to solutioning to deal structure to contract
- Develop sales strategy for sales acceleration, including determining high potential client targets, use cases, verticals, etc.
- Drive lead-generation and prospecting program and ensure good response to new leads coming in
- Drive four key workstreams for Visa Direct growth
- Work with existing Visa merchants and their Account Executives to cross-sell Visa Direct solution where a good fit exists
- Lead prospecting to non-Visa merchants to find the right contacts and build relationships, and sell where a good fit exists
- Identify and sell to acquirers, processors, gateways and FinTechs (i.e., “Enablers”) to have them add Visa Direct to their portfolio of offerings to their clients
- Lead a reseller program to help those Enablers grow their new Visa Direct product offering
- Work with cross functional partners in the country to ensure we have what we need to be successful with our clients
- Partner with VD Product team to develop the go-to-market strategy and ensure we have the right value proposition and product construct to meet client needs
- Work with Marketing to ensure our client facing materials are excellent and help accelerate the learning and sales process
- Collaborate with the Communications and Product teams share progress and growth to external audiences through a communication plan, PR, conference events, etc.
- Work with Finance to ensure appropriate incentive structure, modeling and incentive deal review structure and approval process
- Work with Legal to ensure client contracts that drive to successful outcomes for both Visa and our clients
- Work with Client Services to handoff from sale to implementation and ensure well-run projects
- Drive pipeline development and pipeline review process in the country
- Lead regular pipeline review and problem solving sessions with the sales teams and help problem solve when client plans are stalled
- Support the Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader in the monthly pipeline consolidation process
- Ensure sellers are ready and able to sell Visa Direct to clients
- Work with the training liaison to drive initial and ongoing sales training across the client sales cycle
- Ensure sellers know about and have access to client-ready, legal approved sales materials
- Help sellers trouble-shoot and overcome client objections
- Work with regional global VD product teams and operations to understand state of Issuer readiness, and state of client implementations and post-launch support
- Account manage non-FI and payment facilitator to grow Visa share of their product offering and cross selling Visa Direct and other value-added services
- Ongoing engagement with acquirers on their registered payment facilitators
- Engagement with registered Payment Facilitators to grow Visa share of product offerings ensuring compliance with Visa rules
- Execution of control measures to identify potential violation of Visa rules
- In close cooperation with Visa Rules, addressing non-compliance cases with respective acquirers and payment facilitators to ensue implementation of remediation actions.
- Enforcing requirement on submission of Payments Facilitators’ BID in transactions and receiving SMID from Payments facilitators
- Control of sponsored merchant locations reporting accuracy
Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action and proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching and commercialising technology products that delight customers
Industry related and leadership experience, including experience leading commercialisation teams, product management, strategy organisation and/or management consulting
Skilled problem-solver with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both verbal and written), and executive presence; must be able to interface with senior client executives
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to audiences in an approachable way to influence and drive adaption
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do and excited about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating across functional activities, and obtain buy-in
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Financial/payment industry knowledge required; push payments or real-time payments experience a plus