About the Job
Business Analyst Job Purpose:
Analysing an organisation's efficiency by studying its needs, its business model, its workflows, and its technological systems. Making recommendations to the Project Manager in technical development projects that will improve business efficiency.
Business Analyst Job Duties:
- Researching possible software solutions to increase work efficiency
- Interpreting data about company policies and workflows
- Supporting project teams during the analysis and planning stages of software development
- Working on other project phases like implementation and testing
- Facilitating a successful release handover
- Complying with regulations and preparing for assessments for requirements like Payment Card Industry (PCI)
- Estimating costs and time requirements of projects
- Evaluating risks and predicting potential problems
- Developing quality assurance practices and assessments
- Establishing deliverables
- Writing reports, instructions, and specifications and creating flowcharts
- Determining risk and return on investment for shareholders
- Acting as a liaison between the business and its Information Technology (IT) department
- Acting as a liaison between the business and its clients
- Using spreadsheets to record data on a project
- Evaluating Key Performance Indicators
- Modifying the business plan
- Facilitating meetings and educational workshops for team members
- Acquiring knowledge of products or services provided by the business
- Making sure projects stay within budget and target spending requirements
- Incorporating user suggestions into projects
- Giving final approval on a finished project
Business Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
Computer Programming, Information Technology, Leadership, Statistics, Data Analysis, Reporting, Strategic Planning, Business Model Analysis, Process Design, Systems Analysis, Planning, Implementation, Testing, Project Management, Communication, Deliverables, Business, Finance, Marketing, Self-Motivation
go to method of application »
To manage a set of administrative service packs that allow projects to be managed effectively. It includes project meeting packs, meeting minutes and agendas, checklists, open item tracking and risk and issue logs.
- Support the effective governance of projects by maintaining project documentation:
- Create a library of project documents in the format and location specified by the business unit’s project governance framework, for all supported projects.
- Ensure that project scoping documents, business cases, schedules, business requirements and other artefacts are in the correct formats, properly signed off and stored.
- Manage the version control of these documents as well as the archiving of old or redundant documents.
- Develop and maintain project stakeholder lists including contact details and email distribution lists.
- Develop and maintain the project organisation structure including short descriptions of the roles and responsibilities of different contributors in the projects.
- Obtain project budgets and ensure that they are updated with actuals and stored and reported where needed.
- Obtain the project schedules from the project or programme managers. Ensure that the initial schedule is formally baselined and those future amendments to schedule activities or dates are approved and updated. Obtain documents to support all formal re-baselining.
- Provide project documents to members of the project teams, internal audit or any delivery assurance functions, when requested to enable them to complete their reviews.
- Review all project documents, during project close-out, to ensure that sign-off requirements have been met and that project document libraries are complete.
- Support the business unit’s efforts to maintain lessons learnt by obtaining information from project and programme managers and updating lessons learnt documents and databases.
Compile and distribute project reports:
- Compile project progress reports on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis, based on the guidance and formats provided by project and programme managers, distribute the progress reports to stakeholders identified by project managers.
- Create and maintain all project logs including risk logs, issue logs and change logs. Follow up with project managers and other project participants to update open items for all the logs.
- Monitor due dates of open items on project logs and send reminders to action owners to complete items when due dates are approaching.
- Obtain financial information for the projects, consolidate project budget reports and distribute to project teams, on at least a monthly basis.
- Review financial entries on project budgets on a monthly basis to ensure that cost items have been
- correctly allocated to the project cost centres. Highlight discrepancies or concerns to the project and programme managers to resolve.
- Support project and programme managers, when required, with the preparation of presentations and supporting information for steering committee meetings.
Provide administrative support to project and programme managers:
- Schedule meeting venues, teleconferencing dial in details, video conference venues and supporting equipment for project meetings, on request.
- Prepare meeting minutes, arrange approval by the meeting chair and distribute to meeting participants, for formal project meetings (such as steering committees or budget reviews. If capacity allows, support project and programme managers with meeting minutes for other project meetings.
- Support the onboarding of contract staff or consultants on projects by arranging their building access, systems access and equipment allocation.
- Support the off-boarding of project contractors or consultants by arranging the collection of their building access cards, removal of the system access and retrieval of all bank equipment (such as laptops and security ID tokens) on their last day of work.
- Liaise with the bank’s approved travel agents to obtain quotes, for projects requiring travel arrangements.
- Obtain approval from project managers or cost centre mandate holders, confirm bookings and ensure that travellers have met pre-trip requirements for visas and inoculations.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Banking experience 5-10 years