This position is responsible for overseeing the DevSecOps within the Information & Technology (I&T) function. The Senior Vice President: Development Engineering ensures that the company meets it’s objectives by developing new platforms and/or products and improving on existing platforms (reducing technical debt).
This position works with the I&T leadership to enable the SAFe Agile framework, ensuring that the I&T engineering function is able to meet the demands of the business. The Senior Vice President: Development Engineering is are tasked with enabling the DevSecOps ensuring Continuous Development, Continuous Integration and Release on demand capabilities.
She/He needs to create a culture which ensures that security is built in and the Development Engineering division has a relentless focus on quality, ensuring that the architecture principles are adhered too.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Works with the CIO and I&T Finance Director to develop and drive the implementation of an IT Strategy and budget required to execute and annual and multi-year development and engineering plan.
- Direct senior teams in achieving the objectives of the Development Engineering division.
- Drive accountability, consistency, quality, and process standardization across all phases of engineering and development.
- Provides leadership, direction and mentorship for development engineering division within and across global geographies.
- Provide support to, identify, manage and coordinate the implementation of development engineering protocols or best practice standards.
- Provide feedback to stakeholders on current and future path of platforms implemented and their product roadmaps.
- Develop and monitor metrics as required and convey metrics to ensure appropriate alignment and executive awareness.
- Ensuring timely and consistent communication to stakeholders on risk management and change management associated with the technology and development portfolio.
- Actively promote new ways of working that drive agility, speed and design-thinking.
- Champion cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teaming.
- Implement, maintain and monitor standards, controls, processes and solutions to minimise business and IT risk, ensuring compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements and standards.
- Accountable for driving continuous improvement and within the Development Engineering division.
- Build long term, strategic relationships with executive stakeholders in a large client organisation.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Proven leadership capability
- Excellent communication skills
- Formidable stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of product management and service development life cycles
- Expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments industry best practices and provision of proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders
- Strategic and commercial thinking capability
- Excellent understanding of market trends that influence the profitability of an organisation, particularly related to products and services
- Operations Management
Academic qualifications and certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- Scaled Agile certification - SAFe
- DevSecOps certification
- Operations Management Certification like ITIL
- Leadership, coaching, mentoring and operational management experience
- Experience in leading DevSecOps within a package based environment. In particular SAP, SFDC and ServiceNow.
- Substantial experience in a similar position at a senior level
- Proven technical expertise and extensive industry experience
- Demonstrable track record of involvement in research and development new products or product lines
- Proven experience developing programs that address the research and development industry trends
- Proven experience analysing development needs of the development engineering team
- Experience working with scaled Agile approach and methodology
- Proven DevSecOps management experience
go to method of application »