Imagine a world where people live healthier, more enhanced and protected lives… A world in which each organisation is a powerful influencer and responsible corporate citizen, committed to being a force for social good. As a leading innovator in healthcare, wellness, insurance, investments, financial and life planning, Discovery works ceaselessly to...
Read more about this company
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst/Developer is responsible for building, implementing and supporting Microsoft BI solutions. The right individual will possess experience in all stages of BI project work (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment). The BI Analyst/Developer should have a firm grasp of BI implementation methodologies and will have had in-depth experience with the Microsoft BI Azure Stack (Azure Data factory, Synapse analytics, Gen2 data lake).
What you will do?
- The BI Analyst/Developer should understand and have expertise in the various technologies needed to implement End to End BI solutions
- The developer must have experience with the Microsoft BI stack and exposure to other technologies is a plus (R, Python, and Hadoop).
- Interact with Business Analysts and End Users to establish information needs
- Interact with systems analysts, architects and development managers to understand source structures and information
- Conduct data analysis, data profiling and data modeling
- Writing functional and technical specifications, process flows and source-to-target mappings
- Develop SSAS tabular models through working closely with stakeholders in an agile methodology
- Develop visualization dashboards using data story telling methods
What skills do you need?
Qualifications And Experience
- Related Bachelor’s degree
- Microsoft data management and analytics BI certification, advantageous
- 5+ years Business Intelligence experience
- 5+ years of database design or integration experience with SQL Server databases
- Relational Database and SQL Language
- Power BI, Power Pivot, M, T-SQL,PL SQL, DAX
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) (Azure data factory)
- Data Warehouse / Solution Design
- Dimensional Modeling (Kimball Methodology)
- SSAS Tabular Development (Microsoft SSAS and DAX, M)
- Understand and have expertise in the various technologies needed to implement Microsoft BI solution
- Experience with the Microsoft BI stack and exposure to other technologies is a plus (Python, R)
- Analysis and Communication Skills
- Data gathering, research and analytical abilities so as to develop insightful conclusions and generate solutions to address user needs
- Create written communication materials that effectively summarize findings and support recommendations
- Direct quality assurance and user acceptance testing (Unit and UAT)
go to method of application »
The Change Manager facilitates a people centred change management approach across strategic projects run by the Discovery People Strategic Portfolio Management Office. This role fits within the Strategic Portfolio Management Office within Discovery People. Ensures the new experiences and ways of working are people centric, aligned to the Employee Value Proposition and People vision of becoming a world class People function. Creates an effective change management; communication and training strategy that enhances stakeholder relationships, enables adoption, value on investment and business integration. Builds capability within the People Centres of Excellence and business HR teams to create a long-term change strategy to embed and integrate changes seamlessly into business.
Key Outcomes May Include But Are Not Limited To
- Drives a human centric change model by establishing a change vision or approach to help improve morale and lower resistance to new initiatives.
- Drives the change agenda at strategic levels of the organisation.
- Creates and implements a change plan for the duration of the project and executes aligned activities with internal stakeholders.
- Supports Business Owners to develop and implement change management plans and activities within their respective business areas.
- Assesses the change impact of strategic initiatives and aligns the change strategy and plans to support the strategic initiatives. Assesses key moments that matter across the initiative to ensure a great user journey across impacted personas.
- Facilitates user experience workshops or feedback to influence the solution design
- Creates a change management strategy to enable stakeholders to run their own change management efforts.
- Applies a structured change management methodology and directs change management activities for Discovery People
- Develops and drives communication framework including templates, formats and style.
- Creates a communication roadmap and events calendar for the project.
- Defines and manages effective channels for communication.
- Creates and implements a communication plan for key priority projects and aligns it to the communication strategy and roadmap.
- Provides support to the internal stakeholders in the execution of communication plans.
- Ensures that the business remains well informed by managing annual events calendar, monthly team briefings, town halls, newsletters, online platforms while closely adhering to the corporate identity.
- Develops strong working relationships to get a good understanding of all activities going on, establish key priorities and identify any communication gaps that need to be addressed.
- Develops new and imaginative ways of communication both internal and to external stakeholders.
- Ensures that communication is tailored for the target audiences.
- Provides support to Business Owners with the preparation of presentations and materials as required.
- Drives engagement networks to spread messages and to help embed Discovery People initiatives.
- Oversees and QAs training for new initiatives development by the Training lead. Works with business owners to update training material for business as usual training.
- Designs and implements surveys with feedback and recommendations.
- Ensures that the communication and change management strategy promotes a strong service and client-centric culture.
- Measure and report in change adoption, user experience and value on investment
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience facilitating, driving and guiding change management initiatives in a large corporate.
Education / Qualifications / Accreditations With Professional Body
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Qualification in Change Management
- Qualification in Project Management
Technical Skills Or Knowledge
- Change Management Methodology
- Project Management Methodology
- Knowledge and understanding of human behaviour
Personal Attributes or Competency Profile
- Values Driven
- Learns on the Fly
- Instils trust
- People Savvy
- Drives Results
- Problem Solver
go to method of application »
The purpose of the role is to provide technical direction to a non-functional testing team, including performance testing, automation and data management. Day to day activities include planning, coordination and execution of non-functional test activities according to defined standards and ensuring that governance requirements are adhered to for all delivery. The role includes managing the automation of functional testing, performance testing and provision of test data in the non-production environments.
Areas of responsibility may include but are not limited to
- Definition, implementation and management of adherence to automation, data and performance testing guidelines
- Management of non-functional testing activities aligned to functional test manager priorities
- Estimating testing timelines for non-functional test design and execution activities
- Planning and coordination of environmental requirements
- Coordination of non-functional testing activities
- Test Design and Automation Framework maintenance
- Data provisioning
- Automated test scripting, maintenance, execution and reporting
- Performance test planning, execution and reporting
- Defect Management
- Environment constraints
- Stakeholder meetings and reporting of non-functional testing activities
- Compliance with and validation of all entry and exit criteria in accordance with the governance standards
Personal Attributes And Skills
- Ability to work and deliver under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Business Writing Skills, Presentation and Facilitation Skills
- Customer Service Orientation, Result Orientation, Negotiation skills
- Personal organisation and time management skills
- Professional Communication (written, verbal/presenting and listening)
- Ability to build relationships with people from all different backgrounds and at different job levels
Education And Experience
- Matric/Grade 12 and relevant university qualification
- Relevant tertiary qualification is advantageous
- ISTQB Certification - ISTQB Test Manager (required)
- ISTQB Test Automation Engineer (required)
- ISTQB Operational Test Management (advantageous)
- ISTQB Strategic Test Management (advantageous)
- ISTQB Managing the team (advantageous)
- ISTQB Technical Test Analyst (advantageous)
- ISTQB Security Tester (advantageous)
- Candidates should have relevant experience in managing non-functional testing of Core Banking projects in SAP Systems.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in test management using the following technologies
- Microfocus ALM / UFT
- VB Script
- Microfocus LoadRunner / VUGEN / Virtual Table Server
- SoapUI / Postman
- Atlassian Suite
go to method of application »
Areas of responsibility
The successful candidate will be required, primarily, but not limited to:
- Define, set, and manage compliance frameworks, policies and standards specific to the function and ensure communication thereof to impacted stakeholders.
- Manage compliance officers to ensure Group Compliance objectives are met.
- Strategic involvement in decision making on advice process and distribution of products
- Develop and implement the Compliance programme for Advice and financial services,
- Maintain compliance risk management frameworks,
- Responsible for oversight of Regulatory change management and guidance on compliance impact in the various business areas.
- Provide written guidance to senior management on complex compliance issues
- Oversee the management of FAIS Ombud complaints
- Define, assess, maintain and advise on the regulatory universe,
- Develop and facilitate compilation and review of compliance risk management plans,
- Compile and submit internal and external compliance reports, and
- Interact with industry regulators, supervisors and stakeholders as and when required.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Management skills -Manager of managers
- Detailed knowledge of local (South African) legislation and impacting international regulations relating to the distribution of product and the rendering of advice and able to interpret and apply legislation, including, but not limited to the following:
- Financial Advisory and intermediary Services Acts,
- Short-Term and Long-Term insurance Acts, including the Policyholder Protection Rules
- Protection of Personal Information Act,
- Electronic Communications and Transactions Act and related legislation,
- Promotion of Access to Information Act,
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act, , Consumer Protection Act, Cybercrimes and Cybersecurity Bill, Conduct of Financial Institutions Bill.
- Sound understanding of Compliance methodology, working knowledge of all elements comprising.
- Writes in a well-structured and logical way – must have ability to write and review compliance policies and draft compliance guidance notes and reports with detail required to inform the business of regulatory requirements and potential impacts
- Strong listening, organisational and communication skills and able to think in an analytical and conceptual manner.
- Be able to work under pressure including quick turnaround time on quality work
Education and Experience
- Relevant tertiary education includes any of the following: LLB, BCom,
- Post-graduate qualification in Compliance Management (advantageous)
- At least eight years’ experience within a compliance environment with working knowledge of laws, regulations and codes impacting a group of companies operating in several jurisdictions.
- Distribution experience will be an advantage
go to method of application »
The Senior Remuneration Specialist will be responsible to:
- Provide specialist advice to business units within Discovery Group, escalated by specialists and Heads of People.
- Conduct research on key areas regarding remuneration and benefits to analyse and predict market trends.
- Conduct market benchmarks for key executive roles on an annual basis.
- Compile reports for REMCO on annual salary reviews, incentive payments, and new remuneration policy proposals
- Conduct annual pay gap analysis for reporting purposes to agencies and integrated annual report
- Draft Annual Remuneration Report covering the Remuneration Policy and Implementation including Single Figure reports for Executive Directors
- Analyse internal remuneration and benefits data and make proposal on addressing identified gaps and issues
- This role will be reporting to the Head of Reward within Discovery People (i.e. Human Resources Department)
Key Outputs may include but are not limited to
- Proactively identifies and analyses the needs of the business by conducting research into remuneration trends and best practices.
- Compile Remuneration Committee submissions at Group and business unit level
- Conduct education to line managers to ensure pay decisions are in line with the remuneration philosophy and the pay construct is understood
- Monitor effectiveness and market competitiveness of incentive schemes by conducting periodic audits and prepare reports
- Maintain an understanding of executive remuneration and interpret trends in order that the executive remuneration and benefits packages remain competitive
- Ensure that remuneration practices are in compliance with current legislation
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement to existing processes
- As a member of the Reward team, contribute in leading Reward initiatives at Group or business unit level
- Advising business on the Group’s reward philosophy and governance
- Ensure the design of reward practices is compliant with applicable legislation and regulation
- Contribute in identifying business requirements for enhancements to Reward systems.
- 6 to 12 years' relevant experience (with Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) Certificate).
- 12 years remuneration experience
Education / Qualifications / Accreditations with Professional Body
- Bachelors' Degree/3 year Diploma (equivalent to NQF Level 6)
- Global Remuneration Professional (GRP)
- Professional Registration Chartered Reward Specialist with SARA or Global Remuneration professional
Technical Skills or Knowledge
- Sound knowledge of Labour legislation, King III and relevant governance codes that influence sphere of job.
- Data Analysis
- Advanced Excel
- International Financial Reporting Standard 2 Share-based Payment
go to method of application »
Key Purpose of the role
The position is responsible for the day-to-day administration and managing a small team within Umbrella Fund Operations, within the Retirement Funds business unit. This is a core administration function and the incumbent would be required to holistically manage and control a portfolio of different Retirement Fund disciplines, for example monthly contribution, claim, investment option, individual transfer in, section 14, section 28 processes. The incumbent must ensure that processes and procedures are implemented, maintained and improved. The incumbent needs to ensure operational activity is conducted within regulatory frameworks, accurately, effectively and efficiently. The incumbent must ensure that he/she has the knowledge, skills, tools and competencies required to perform the required job within service level agreements. The incumbent must have an appetite to be part of a growing new business unit, continuous improvement, able to adapt to change easily and play a roll in change management within the team, challenge the status quo, inspire and motivate others. The incumbent will continually review existing processes and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of committed services to the Umbrella Funds Clients.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to:
- Processing of all daily and monthly transactional activity within agree service levels.
- Performing QA function for document verification where necessary.
- Ensure that day to day administration is accurate, compliant and abreast with regulatory frameworks such as, Pension Funds Act, Tax Act, Rules of the Discovery Life Umbrella Pension and Provident Funds, Participating employer special rules. Ensures delivery of key operational attributes such as data completeness and data quality.
- Dealing with queries from internal stakeholders, communicate effectively with clients to resolve queries and escalations, ensure client expectations are met.
- Dealing with the Human Resources function for staff managed. Ensure others are trained on the processes and systems. Provides staff with clear direction. Sets appropriate standards of behaviour and outputs. Delegates work appropriately and fairly. Motivates and empowers others.
- Prepare management and client report for submission to superiors.
- Dealing with escalated calls or queries from internal stakeholders, communicate effectively with clients to resolve queries and escalations, ensure client expectations are met.
- Develop and maintain excellent business relations with internal and external brokers.
- Managing projects.
- The incumbent is the Subject Matter Expert in Retirement Fund areas under management. Produces new ideas, approaches or insights. Produces range of solutions to problems and do root cause analysis. Effective decision-making by “out of the box” thinking and weighing up risks involved.
Personal Attributes and Skills
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communication Skills: able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Reporting Skills: ability to consolidate information and compile reports reflecting the necessary relevant information
- Ability to communicate logically and objectively is essential components of this role.
- Attention to detail
- Very organised
- Conflict Management
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly.
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem.
- Relates well to people at all levels.
Education and Experience
- Matric - essential
- 5 years Employee Benefits , Retirement Funds, Umbrella Fund experience – Essential
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role- Essential
- NQF level 6 or similar is advantageous
- Relevant Industry Qualifications – Wealth Management, Introduction to Retirement Funds – Advantageous
- MS Office – Advanced Excel Skills, Retirement Fund and Umbrella Fund operations, Accounting, Investments,
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.