Opening at Lukhozi Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd Company
Posted on: 5 February, 2018
Deadline: 16 February, 2018
View Jobs in Engineering
View All Jobs at Lukhozi Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd
Lukhozi Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd is a leading multi-disciplinary professional engineering consultancy that offers services throughout South Africa to the public and private sector.
Assistant Employer’s Agent’s Representative (Civil Engineering)
Lukhozi Consulting Engineers is seeking an Assistant Employer’s Agent’s Representative / Assistant Resident Engineer to assist the Employer’s Agent’s Representative of a major subsidy housing contract in Blue Downs, Cape Town with quality assurance, inspection of the work on-site and ensuring that the design is implemented as per the engineering design and specifications. This is an eighteen months fixed term position.
- Maintain a full-time presence on site;
- Provide construction oversight for design adherence and quality control and expediting of design clarifications;
- Review of contractors Quality Control Plans and Construction Method Statements;
- Handling of technical queries and resolutions;
- Construction materials approvals;
- Keeping of detailed records of all construction related activities including inspection records, request for information, design changes, non-conformances, lab results etc;
- Independent checks of tests and surveys;
- Review of as-built information and updating of drawings;
- Attendance of all site meetings be it technical or contractual;
- Communicate frequently with Employer’s Agent / Engineer and clients;
- Assist with project safety and environmental matters.
Qualifications And Experience
- At least a National Diploma in Civil Engineering;
- Ability to read / understand drawings and specification, understand construction methods and procedures, effectively communicate and coordinate with project team, recognize and relate cost impacts to modifications, and provide input for construction status, schedule, and project activities;
- Efficient in the use of MS Word; MS Excel; MS Outlook; MS Projects; Bill;
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience on site in civil engineering construction (municipal / township engineering infrastructure);
- Must be an effective communicator (personal, phone, writing, email; etc);
- Own Vehicle
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Preference will be given to persons residing in the Cape Town area.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs