At Edgars we Value team Collaboration, we have the resilience to be Change owners, and we drive Creativity and Innovation as part of our daily lives. We apply Entrepreneurial spirit with a focus on the bottom line.
We live with Integrity and honesty and we enjoy Empowering each other as that is where our success lies.
We are looking for high calibre and passionate people who share these Values with us.
If that’s YOU, please send your application, in line with the requirements below:.
Purpose of the job
To assist the planner with the management of quantitative allocation of inventories, as well as balanced stock and product assortment in stores, to achieve business KPIs (e.g. sales budgets, targets, gross profit and gross profit percentage, stock turns, market share). Own allocations, as directed by planner, support RPL order management, support implementation of location related tasks (may do the role of planner in certain categories).
Financial Ratio - Merchandise
- Use technology and appropriate systems to extract historical data for analysis and interpretation to be used for compilation of future sales plans.
- Assist the planner in monitoring emerging trends, conducting financial planning and making projections using appropriate systems.
- Monitor store and product performance, as well as historical data and emerging trends, and make recommendations in order to maximise sales, minimise markdowns and ensure correct stock allocation to stores.
- Analyse and evaluate a range of historical data relating to own department and relate past performance of product to future buying plans.
- Compile assortment forecast information so that the planner can ensure that assortment forecasts are in line with the strategic intent of the Chain.
Product Portfolio and Assortment
- Assist the planner in the co-ordination and compilation of range plans with merchandise assortment plans to achieve a balanced assortment for the forthcoming season; assist in compiling and presenting future sales plans based on historical data.
- Visit stores and competitors; compile and provide feedback to line management on competitor activities and consumer demands, and assist with appropriate actions to reduce or increase assortments timeously as required.
- Implement action plans to align future plans with current/emerging trends, utilising a range of criteria (pricing, styling, colours, fabrics, units/volumes, sizes, and options per store, stores and locations) for planning balanced assortment in accordance with the overall sales plan.
- Liaise with relevant parties (Buyer, Planner, Operations) to determine if current and future plans incorporate current or changing trends.
- Capture all tasks, events, activities and milestones for own area of responsibility.
- Assist the planner in finalising and implementing agreed store, grading and merchandise allocation plans.
- Assist the planner to monitor product performance in order to make decisions and implement progressive markdown strategies, correct seasonal flow and ensure continual store stock balancing.
- Maximise profitable stock holding in stores by providing feedback on improvements in allocation trends and use market information and competitor analysis to suggest ongoing improvements to the range.
- Identify and solve problems when monitoring stock distributions so that appropriate actions can be initiated to rectify out-of-line situations.
- Maintain accurate records and consistently monitor all the elements relating to stock to ensure the success of the overall business strategy.
Market Intelligence – Merchandise
- Collect and collate data regularly on key performance indicators and stakeholders' performance as well as researched data on local and international trends. Provide feedback to line management.
- Interpret seasonal buying requirements and communicate with planners so that accurate merchandise assortment plans are compiled.
- Monitor own department's and competitors' performance regularly and provide feedback to management so that they can re-negotiate deliverables as required and anticipate consumer demands.
- Conduct ongoing research of local stores and markets/trends/competitor activities, as well as changes in retailing practice. Make relevant recommendations where required so that management can make decisions on aligning own business in order to maintain a competitive edge. Ensure that future requirements are aligned with emerging trends and best practice quality standards.
- Understand, support and apply all relevant merchandise processes and procedures including weekly and monthly analysis meetings, Line Review development etc.
- Prioritise own activities to ensure that work agreed to is completed within specified timeframes.
- Collate and distribute competitor analysis reports to the team to make sure that all team members are informed.
- Relay information required from other parties and follow up where necessary to ensure completion of tasks and adherence to deadlines.
Process Improvement and Efficiency
- Implement buying processes as defined by relevant merchandising strategy. Analyze sales information over specified periods so that changes in product cycles are identified and feedback is given to the buyer for incorporation into future plans.
- Inform relevant parties of research results so that emerging trends are incorporated into all relevant buying/planning processes. Ensure that required documentation for dispatch is completed in accordance with the various dispatch requirements; ensure out of line situations are timeously reported to minimise possible disruptions.
- Develop and implement a system and working rail arrangements to facilitate easy access to samples stored in the garage area.
- Monitor safekeeping of garage samples, ensuring that the garage is locked during periods of absence from work station.
- Ensure samples are prepared according to set standards
- Manage own personal development through performance management, IDP and talent management processes. Request training and feedback on performance and strive to improve based on these interventions.
- Adhere to the Group's values and leadership principles and understand and participate in Employer of Choice strategies and initiatives.
- Take personal responsibility for all issues facing the department, work as a team and mentor /coach new employees as required.
- Communicate with your line manager regularly and make recommendations on improving efficiencies in the department.
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Communication and Influence
- Decision making
- Negotiation skills
- Performance focus
- Planning and organizing
- Process orientation
Requirements / qualifications:
- Commerce Degree
- 1 - 2 Years’ Experience