Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for hands on architects/developers who are passionate about:
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
- Working as a technical leader along side customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
- Advising and implementing AWS best practices
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
- Agile software development and DevOps
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Masters Degree desired.
- 10+ years of an application programming and/or Hhnds-on technical application architecture experience
- 10+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed (25-50%)
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Hands on programing skills in any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, .NET or Scala
- Agile software development expert
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
go to method of application »
As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Customer Solutions Manager (CSM) you will be responsible for helping guide the largest and most complex AWS customers along their multi-year journey to the cloud. In this highly visible position you will ensure that all AWS teams are working together effectively and efficiently to deliver outcomes for the customer.
In the role, you will be a critical partner to our AWS customers, leveraging your delivery experience with large scale transformations to help shepherd the customer through their stages of AWS adoption. Guiding the customer through the operational, educational and governance aspects of a successful AWS cloud journey.
You will interface with AWS customers and AWS leadership, driving collaboration between the other core account groups (Sales, Support, Solutions Architecture and Professional Services), product/engineering teams, and customer teams, planning and supporting major workload migrations. You will translate strategic initiatives in the account plan into executable actions, working backwards from our customers key milestones. The execution of education plans, roadmap to business outcome alignments, Executive Briefing Sessions, and go-live events and transitions are a few items owned by the CSM that are critical to the success of our customer’s cloud journey.
At AWS, you are encouraged to think big, invent and take ownership on customer challenges. You will not only bring the best of AWS/ Amazon to our customers, you will proactively help solve the customer’s challenges through new ideas, tools and mechanisms.
Successful candidates will have a strong delivery and change management background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem-solving abilities, and be exemplary communicators both at the executive and project team level. You will be a peer leader, have the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, negotiate and lead virtual teams. Your enterprise experience and operational excellence will influence the team’s decisions, provide insight, and help drive secure and robust solutions.
You will evangelize AWS services and influence customers in adopting them. You should be passionate about delivering a great customer experience by deploying AWS solutions and inspiring innovation. You will be obsessed with contributing to the day-to-day management of your customers successful adoption of AWS.
- Experience leading complex, large scale. IT/digital/business transformation or migration programs and/or projects
- Experience in a senior customer facing role
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information to c-suite/VP level
- Strong organizational governance and troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail
- Direct experience implementing AWS/cloud services
- Robust understanding of key technology and market trends
- PMP and/or SCRUM/Agile, SAFe certified
go to method of application »
Our mission is to enable our customers to learn, build, deploy, monitor and manage their EC2 infrastructure. We use rich data drawn from customer and product research as well as real time analytics to monitor and anticipate our customers’ needs. We then design and build innovative solutions for our customers using the latest web based technologies.
In this role, you will develop new features and improvements for the EC2 console, working with your team, product managers and UX designers to build web-based products that delight our customers. You will own customer facing features through the entire life-cycle, from design, implementation, testing, deployment and into production. You will work to optimize applications for performance and reliability.
In your first few months in the EC2 Console, you will design and develop new features. You may help to migrate code to our new React based environment, and you’ll join your team’s on-call rotation, helping to support the console and improve our tooling and monitoring systems.
- 3+ years of industry experience in a software development environment
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent working experience
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- User interface design experience
- Experience with React and Redux
- Exposure to troubleshooting and supporting production systems
- Experience with UI test automation frameworks
go to method of application »
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager with deep experience in B-BBEE Ownership Structuring and EEIP for the Strategic Implementation of the EEIP as set up by the B-BBEE Program Office. This is a senior role within the organization and will require applying strategic thinking to government legislation, problem solving and developing value-adding strategies which align B-BBEE legislation and objectives, the spirit of transformation and business strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of each year’s EEIP roll out plan signed off by B-BBEE Program Manager. This includes managing the EEIP process in its entirety, from the design of the advertising campaign and/or call to action to attract viable and appropriate candidates for the program, to managing the needs analysis process for each selected beneficiary entity, to matching skills internally and externally to the needs identified for the program roll-out, etc.
- Preparing reports for presentation to the B-BBEE Program Manager, AWS’ EEIP Committee, and the DTI’s EEIP Committee.
In respect of each approved cohort:
- Planning and Sequencing of activities
- Resource planning and schedule development
- Cost and time estimations
- Managing budgets
- Risk Analysis
- Partnering with appropriate internal and external partners on cost effective delivery of programs
- Controlling quality of project outcomes
- At least 10 years’ relevant work experience,
- Post-Graduate Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance Economics, Business Management or related,
- B-BBEE MDP,
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in B-BBEE, including DTIC Codes of Good Practice, and Amended ICT Sector Codes,
- Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed reports, review policies and facilitate a B-BBEE verification,
- Superior technical expertise in the interpretation and application of B-BBEE legislation, including all elements of the DTIC Codes and Amended ICT Sector Codes,
- Min 10+ years of small business development with specific focus on B-BBEE and/or EEIP programs,
- Experience with building and implementing internal B-BBEE management information systems,
- Analysis and strategy creation,
- Experience with Excel and report writing.
- Experience in driving, initiating, and delivering people-related change management programs, earning trust with customers, and translating policy into action.
- A technical background in small business development, be detail driven, and have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Passionate about small business development, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
- Ability to access and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, address partner and/or beneficiary concerns, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs as they implement specific guidance around the EEIP program execution is critical.
- Ability to be a thought leader, to customize solutions to the Amazon South African organization and the unique Amazon culture, to educate and influence a team of passionate and engaged leaders, and the ability to translate strategies or prior practices into practical and actionable solutions.