Fraud Analyst at FNB South Africa
Posted on: 8 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking/Financial Services
View All Jobs at FNB South Africa
First National Bank is one of South Africa's "big four" banks. It is a division of First Rand Limited, a large financial services conglomerate, which trades on the Johannesburg Securities Exchange, under the symbol: FSR.
To provide strategic fraud prevention and detection. Assist with the developing and optimizing of the existing fraud operations identification and prevention strategies.Deal with all support inquiries regarding client protection and claims as well as increase volumes of fraud-prevention work.
- Recovery (as much as possible)
- Files to be written off against monthly set target
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions
- Provides FRM information timeously when requested; Utilises FRM resources where required to extract relevant information by collaborating and communicating with other client service team supervisors to balance client service goals with risk management activity and decisions
- Reconciling of customers account fees, interest and fraudulent transactions to be reversed the same day the file is received
- Reduction of complaints (conduct analysis of complaints, identify gaps and recommend improvement) to ensure the Fraud is functioning at optimal levels at all time and Identifying continuous improvement through complaints solutions (Acknowledge 24 hours - resolve 2 weeks)
- Develop and maintain a network of experts to ensure communication of solutions, benefits, risks and innovations in area of specialisation
- Comply with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements
- Coordinate and manage Legal Fraud Risk Projects to ensure the tracking of internal and external fraud/risk management by understanding and analyzing trends for online and cross channel fraud and revenue recovery.
- Conduct in-depth case analysis and investigations by interviewing people involved in fraud, including witnesses and suspects to determine trends for prevention of fraud and evaluate alternative data sources and procedures for use in fraud management and interface regularly with customers, other financial institutions, and other functional areas of FNB.
- Keeps track of the progress made in investigations by providing accurate input to the monthly CEO report and keeps key stakeholder in the loop with respect to the progress in key investigations and effectively keeps track of arrests and convictions.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies
- Relevant degree in Business Administration, Finance, Forensic Audit, Information Systems or equivalent
- 3 years plus of Data analysis experience in Financial / Business Operations, Revenue Assurance, Fraud, or Internal Audit.
- The Fraud Analyst (Telecommunications Industry - MVNO) will make intelligent data-driven decisions to detect and prevent fraud. The analyst should be comfortable identifying issues, gathering information, producing analysis, presenting various options and driving resulting projects to conclusion. This would include; performing transactional analysis across multiple large volume data sources, operational functions, and investigations (such as Network Fraud, Cybercrime and Internal Staff Involvement).
- Looking for someone who has a banking environment where looking for fraud within data is the key function or even more ideal would be someone from a similar role in telecommunications
- It is inherent to the role that the incumbent is honest in dealing with cash and financial transactions. As such, it is a pre-requisite for candidates to undergo consumer credit record checks to enable the Employer to ascertain whether the candidate’s credit record is acceptable.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Degree
- No less than 3 years banking fraud analyses and investigation experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to FNB South Africa career website on www.firstrandjobs.mobi to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs