The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world's top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system associates.
Job ID: R-06913
The role is expected to assist the Head of Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs in terms of the public policy and regulatory affairs agenda, with special focus on Government Relations, public policy and external stake-holder relations. They need to help support the PAC Team as well as the greater PAC in SEABU in the fields of changing legislative, regulatory, government relations and government policies and the implications for the BU.
Function Specific Activities:
- Track and maintain a detailed awareness of the key policies and regulatory issues facing the business, and support the development of strategic responses as required. Support the research and creation of position papers on key regulatory issues. Gathers information that informs TCCC tax experts in developing solutions to reduce tax across SEABU. Ability to analyse proposed and existing tax and regulatory risks and develop strategies to mitigate those.
- Communicate positions and integrate into the risk management and stakeholder engagement process and heat map management
- Understanding of stakeholders and government departments that can influence and have impact across SEABU operating environment
- Build and maintain relationships (both Formal/Informal relationships) with pan-African Govt stakeholders, civil society and community leaders in order to monitor and influence all legislation, community behavior and partnership perspective of parties affecting the company's operating environment
- Provide guidance to PAC franchise PAC managers in implementing stakeholder relationship matrix for all key stakeholders across all SEABU countries and monitor and report on stakeholder relationship status. Works closely with franchise PAC managers across SEABU to identify strategies that will enhance our partnership with relevant country authorities and stakeholders to mitigate business risks
- Manage internal stakeholders to influence self - regulation and to ensures compliance by implementing of regulatory projects
- Work closely with Sustainability and Communications, Legal and SRA colleagues to implement initiatives that will address stakeholder priorities and build strong relationships
- They will engage and interact with internal stakeholders - Head of Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs, PA Direct, BUP, BULT and others to provide them with information and opinions on regulations, public policies as well the impact on the business.
- They will also engage with external stakeholders: Government officials, Bottlers, Media, NGO's to discuss the current environment and future proposals related to public policies, tax regulations and any other regulations that will impact the BU.
The role will need to take information from many sources and be able to bring it all together and put it into a tactic and communicable “story”. Then together with the Head of Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs provide insights to the business around public policies and regulations to assist with business decisions
Judgment And Decision Making
- Assists in implementing tax and regulatory initiatives across the BU - Recommender
- Determine which opportunities the business should invest behind in order to unlock growth - Recommender
- Understand the business environment sufficiently to provide proposals on what actions to take around lobbying decision
- Help define the BU strategy when it comes to public policy and regulations for the BU. As well as identify opportunities and threats - Recommender
- Describe involvement in Bus. Planning: Will provide input into the BP together with the Head of Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs - Recommender
Assist in driving innovative and efficient engagement and lobbying processes in dealing with evolving and changing Governments across the BU. Must be constantly monitoring these processes to ensure relevance and sustainability.
Position Type: Leader of Others or Leader of Leaders
- Indicate the minimum education level required to perform this job. - Bachelors Degree
- How many years of previous work experience are required? - At least 10 years of experience
- At least 10 years in a similar role within an applicable environment
Years of Experience:
- Leadership Behaviors
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Coca-cola career website on cocacola.appvault.com to apply