We are a converged service provider specialising in Internet, Voice, Cloud and Managed Services offered on a national, Next-Generation network. Our core business values of Service, Quality and Simplicity demand that we deliver world-class customer service with simple solutions – while connecting information and technology to the people in your business.
We are looking for a highly trained and experienced technology expert on server platform(s) to ensure reliability and stability of the assigned platforms and systems. You must be able to complete technical tasks (complex and otherwise), lead a team, oversee projects, mentor others, troubleshoot issues, research new methods and systems, provide off hours support (on call) as part of a rotation, all under minimal supervision.
As Senior Microsoft Engineer you will:
- Provide consultation for non-system administrators, development and infrastructure teams with the design and support of Microsoft server systems (and the client networks), both with client and internal applications.
- Analyze, design, and implement Microsoft server system upgrades and expansions accurately without adversely affecting systems availability.
- Provide hands-on involvement in developing, maintaining policies, rights, security, for Windows Server environments.
- Adhere to industry standard best practice, and create, implement and manage processes.
- Provide hands on support to implement Microsoft infrastructure services – including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Security, Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office 365, Windows Software Update Services, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Cloud/Azure and any other Microsoft Operating Systems or applications.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for operational performance enhancements.
- Communicate system trends, issues and outages to management and peers through evaluation, implementing, maintaining and improving host systems management tools.
- Be responsible for Microsoft Windows Systems health & security, and support both clients and peers with security issues.
- Be required to maintain and grow your relevant certifications. This will form part of a KPI, and will be a commitment to the Company.
Your Team Leader responsibilities include:
- Building a committed and skilled technical team
- Implementing world-class customer service
- Implementing standards and processes
- Improving performance and efficiencies
- Team skills development and training
- Ownership of Company’s technical commitments
- Ownership of team targets and Company objectives
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 years of enterprise Microsoft systems administration experience, host configuration management and production support.
- Microsoft systems certifications are required. Current MCSE preferred.
Remuneration is market related basic (Cost to Company) with commission. A probationary period will apply.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org