ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products.
As a Marketing & Sustainability Manager, you will be part of the Industrial Automation Division and Power Generation Business Units (BU) based in Modderfontein. ABB is the World leader in Industrial Automation (IA) division delivers integrated solutions for control, plant optimization, and industry-specific application knowledge and services to help process industry customers worldwide to meet their critical business needs in the areas of operational profitability, capital productivity, risk management and global responsibility. These industries include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals, cement, minerals, marine and turbocharging.
As a Marketing & Sustainability Manager, you will be responsible to contribute business objectives through the development and deployment of innovative and effective marketing communications and Corporate Social Investment activities in line with Group, Region, local communication and contract strategies, standards and guidelines. Your Tasks as a Marketing & Sustainability Manager will include the following:
- Strategy: Responsible for developing the HUB marketing communication and CSI strategy and maintaining the positive image of the Company, brand and value proposition in the mind of the customer and community. Ensures relevant marketing communication strategy and CSI plans align with global marketing, corporate and country communications strategies and guidelines.
- Communications plan: Responsible for selecting relevant local & global marketing communications tools, adapting, translating and implementing as required to support sales initiatives and achieve the Company’s objectives in the local business. Contributes to the development of inter-divisional/functional marketing initiatives.
- Promotional activities: Adapts and develops promotional activities using CSI Initiatives, events, fairs, online, communication campaigns and print media, and other communications vehicles to promote products, systems, and services in the whole life cycle. Stimulates lead generation through advertising, sponsorship and other promotional activities.
- Message alignment: Ensures sound communication across multiple and appropriate media to extend the Company‘s visibility.
- External resources: Researches, identifies, and selects external marketing communications service providers and CSI opportunities. Defines quality and delivery targets of externally assigned activities, monitors ongoing progress, and resolves issues.
- Targets: Ensures global targets and metrics for marketing communications initiatives are properly implemented and develops additional local measures as required. Ensures regional and local targets and metrics for CSI initiatives are properly implemented and develops additional local measures as required. Reviews and evaluates results upon completion of the activities.
- People leadership and development: Ensures (with HUB Management support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaches, motivates and develops identified recipients/beneficiaries of the CSI programmed. Drives and ensures know how sharing from the Power Generation Business unit and other Bu’s as appropriate to support the CSI beneficiaries.
- Ideally you will have a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or Marketing preferred.
- Experience in dealing in CSI Initiatives will be an advantage
- Good presentation skills, including the creation of well-thought-out presentation decks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents.
- Fluent in English and African languages is compulsory.
- Extensive knowledge of interactive advertising.
- Experience leading and developing social relevance strategies (including CSI) to local communities will be advantageous.
- Travelling to project sites and surrounding communities in Africa is expected.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to ABB career website on jobs.abb.com to apply