Nurse at Mediclinic
Posted on: 7 March, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Healthcare
View All Jobs at Mediclinic
International private healthcare group Mediclinic International PLC is listed on the LSE (London Stock Exchange) with a secondary listing on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) and the NSX (Namibian Stock Exchange). Mediclinic International currently has three operating divisions - Mediclinic Southern Africa which operates 52 private hospitals (including two day clinics) in South Africa and Namibia; Hirslanden operates 16 private acute care facilities and three clinics in Switzerland with more than 1 600 inpatient beds and Mediclinic Middle East which operates five hospitals and 39 clinics with more than 700 inpatient beds in the United Arab Emirates.
Mediclinic George is looking to appoint a Professional Nurse ( Neuro Scrub) in theatre.
- Current registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse.
- A qualification in Operating Theatre Nursing Science will be an advantage.
- Prior Operating Theatre scrubbing experience in Neurological sub-discipline required.
- Willingness to do standby and work shifts and overtime in accordance with the requirements of the unit.
- Sound knowledge and application of relevant Theatre and CSSD policies and procedures.
- Management of surgical equipment and instruments.
- Competent in the demonstration and assessment of all clinical procedures and management of risks.
- Basic knowledge of stock control principles.
- The ability to identify and report near-misses and adverse events.
- Knowledge of clinical procedures, the Scientific Nursing Process and BCA bundles.
- A good understanding and application of the nursing scope of practice and knowledge of patient care.
- Be able to function as an effective member of the nursing team by facilitating team effectiveness.
- Displays a concern for excellence by following work routines and standards while achieving results.
- The ability to display sound judgement in problem-solving.
- Maintains a customer-focused mindset that acknowledges the value of the customer.
- Exhibits full responsibility for own work outputs.
- Delivers comprehensive and quality patient care to meet the health needs of patients.
- Adheres to Patients' Rights at all time.
- Prevents reports and manages medico-legal risks.
- Patient records and registers meet legal requirements.
- Control of stock and equipment in accordance with Mediclinic policy.
- Identifies and addresses continuous professional development (CPD) needs.
- Provides learner support to learners and new employees.
- Ensures a therapeutic and safe patient environment by maintaining health and safety standards and complying with infection prevention and control policy.
- Quality client care principles maintained.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Mediclinic career website on careers.mediclinic.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs