Job Opening at Old Mutual South Africa
Posted on: 8 March, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking/Financial Services
View All Jobs at Old Mutual South Africa
Old Mutual is the 2018 No 1 Top Employer in South Africa and Ghana and remains the Industry Leader in Financial Services and Insurance. We have also been certified as a Top Employer in all the 13 countries across the African continent. We are rooted in our purpose of “Enabling Positive Futures” and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day management and development of the Centre of Excellence for Regulatory Compliance team consisting of Senior Administrators and Senior Administration Specialists. The successful candidate will perform functions including:
- Management and development of people
- Production management
- Quality Review
- Resource for technical and customer escalations
- Customer and stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge management
The team size will be approximately 10 staff members. This role offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth. It requires an individual with strong specific technical knowledge and some experience in managing people.
Key Result Areas:
SPECIFIC KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Manages daily operational delivery within the functional area against SLA’s.
- Production of stats and reports related to the output of the team
- Accountable for technical decision making within the team.
- Personally responsible for technical deliveries where necessary
- Give input into, and drive, system enhancements.
- Responsible for performing Quality Audits on work produced within the team.
- Problem solving and resolving escalations/queries.
- Could take accountability for the implementation of operational projects.
- Build internal and external relationships with stakeholders.
- Mentoring and coaching of staff.
- Develop and maintain process documentation
Planning and Assigning Work
- Set team priorities and performance objectives.
- Align team objectives to business unit strategy.
- Monitor and measure delivery of outcomes.
- Acquire, allocate and re-allocate resources.
Achieving Results through the Performance of the Team
- Achieve the performance objectives set for the team.
- Display a clear bias for action.
- Coaching and mentoring, conducting career conversations, managing performance.
- Support the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives or projects.
- Role model a culture of service orientation.
- Manage interpersonal relationships.
GENERIC KEY RESULT AREAS
- Relationship Building
- Establishes and maintains relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Accountable for client service delivery through efforts of others.
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
- Plans and assigns work.
- Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence.
- Delivers, maintains and enhances service/work standards and work quality within the process.
- Collaborate effectively with others to achieve results.
- Strong awareness of own personality profile, preferences and communication style.
- Accept and live the company values.
- Role model Act Now! Leadership behaviour.
Qualifications and experience:
- Matric or equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification
- Undergraduate degree with some coursework in law; law degree or paralegal certificate (advantageous)
- Accountancy qualification and/or experience (advantageous)
- Knowledge of legislation regarding AML/FATCA/CRS a distinct advantage
- Understanding of company structures preferred
- Ability to read and understand company documents (trust deeds etc.)preferred
- Minimum of 5 years working experience
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) interactive skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Email Systems
- Relevant management experience/potential.
- Strong people leadership skills.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to interact at all levels with staff and stakeholders.
- Excellent planning, organising and time-management skills.
- Good application of business principles.
- Collaboration (Relating)
- Customer First
- Innovation (Perspective)
- Leading with Influence
- Personal Mastery (Learning)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Old Mutual South Africa career website on vacancies.oldmutual.co.za to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs