SBS is a Proudly South African company with its roots in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal and has been delivering water and food storage solutions to targeted industries for over 20 years. SBS has a vision to impact positively on the communities where we operate and has remained true to that vision since the very beginning. SBS Tanks are pioneers of Zincalume steel ...
Read more about this company
SBV currently seeks a Head of PMO, who will be responsible for the overall project management function within SBV, providing leadership, coordination and management of the Project Management Office processes and functions inclusive of deriving added value and tracking benefits. The role serves as a conduit for communication between project managers, business, project owners, IT and Stratco who make the strategic decisions for those projects.
Establish, Implement Embed and Continuously Improve Project Methodologies and Governance Frameworks
- Establish, maintain and review a program baseline or the “road map" for implementation of a project.
- Responsible to ensure the methodologies of the Project Management Office are adopted and engrained within SBV in order to effectively improve and maintain the Project Management Office maturity within the company.
- Lead the implementation and management of portfolio, programme and project governance frameworks and development of appropriate reporting tools which deliver value.
- Responsible to maintain and reiterate the administration for project submissions and approvals through the agreed portfolio prioritisation and approval process, maintaining a pipeline of approved projects.
- To provide full governance & control over projects utilising an agreed methodology and consistent standard – i.e. PMBOK and Agile.
- Verify that project communication strategy is agreed upon, shared with and adhered to by all project stakeholders (internal and external).
- Confirm that an applicable change methodology has been applied to projects in order to support the implementation.
- Guarantee a clear and consistent approach is in place to manage risk with alignment to the applicable Risk and Project Registers.
Oversee the management the overall Portfolio
- Oversee the execution of Portfolio management and provide approval of reports that are to be presented at Executive Level and Project Portfolio Board.
- Provide an analysis of the full portfolio and future pipeline for the next financial year – annual and quarterly planning.
- Prioritisation with Executives and Project Portfolio Board. Provide the optimal structuring of portfolio into programs and projects.
- Manage the end to end portfolio critical path across the full portfolio.
Manage Project Delivery and Governance Accountability
- Own the development, introduction, and on-going iteration of the organisation’s Project Delivery Approach, gaining the required approvals where need be.
- Be an advocate of the organisations Project Delivery Approach.
- Scope and shape the requirements of the Project Delivery Approach across the organisation working closely with Stratco And the Senior Leadership team.
- Devise, produce and implement new systems and processes to optimise more effective project management as required and within the framework of the organisations Project Delivery Approach.
- Conduct due diligence on any future business proposals in terms of risk, timing, and outcome.
- Oversee that Project managers are managing their day to day projects in accordance with SOPs and best practice guidelines.
- Accountable for verifying that detailed project, implementation, or actions plans are created for the duration of each project as appropriate.
- Accountable for verifying that projects have requirements documented and agreed to ensure that project activity meets agreed project objectives.
- Monitor the progress of all projects to determine that they are timely and accurate and enable sponsors and stakeholders have visibility and sufficient information to make the required decisions.
Take responsibility for reliable, accurate and timeous Project Tracking
- Responsible to critically audit or track ongoing projects at regular intervals to ensure projects are on course and follow the approved methodology.
- To critically review project planning and analysis - including detailed budgeting, project plans, documenting scope and business requirements, etc.
- To identify, track, manage and mitigate risks within the programme of work; including opportunity identification
- To manage and monitor the programme of work; assigning responsibilities and ensuring that all projects are adequately resourced.
- To manage and monitor the budget to ensure that the programme of work, along with specific projects are delivered within agreed costing
- Liaise closely with applicable stakeholders to ensure accurate & robust budget monitoring against project plans
Drive Financials & Benefits Realisation
Enforce effective Project Support and Administration Oversight
- Responsible to confirm that the Project Management Office provides a centralized customer focused office that not only plans, negotiates and analyse projects, but also redress the project related concerns of the client, sponsor, and employee.
- Own the Project Management Office central repository of documentation and processes including the PM Toolkit.
- Create standardised and relevant document templates are available from a central repository for both the Project Management Office and business project team members.
- Establish organisation wide project reporting with a focus on value added advice and early identification and resolution of risk and issues.
- The Project Management Office provides training in project management and the applied project tools to team members:
- Drive the ethos that the Project Management Office provides in-house consultancy services to the project team on project related issues.
- Review and in some cases prepare materials as required for submission to the Board etc.
- Present and report on programme and specific project progress in line with agreed project governance; escalating issues as necessary to the Project Board.
Effectively manage Stakeholder Relationship Management and provide Subject Matter Expertise
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Influence internal stakeholders to achieve the desired outcomes, including process improvement, of the Project Management Office.
- Coach and mentor project sponsors and managers.
- Provide input into the design and creation of new product/ service developments and manage the implementation these.
- Continually develop and maintain productive working relations with all project stakeholders (internal and external).
- Provide advice and support to project partners on how project evidence and information has to be presented and reported.
Provide Leadership and Manage Employees
- Represent the Project Management Office at executive and senior management level.
- Provide leadership to employees within SBV.
- Creates a conducive environment which translates into productivity and high morale within SBV.
- Inspire one’s team to deliver on key performance areas.
- Develop the talent management pipeline from end to end by providing an appropriate resource strategy to identify and develop talent within the Project Management Office.
- Provide project resources with the correct toolsets and processes in place and that all relevant staff are trained and equipped to deliver successfully.
- Mentor junior Project Management Office resources and provide ad-hoc support, development activity and professional training programmes to assist them in the delivery of work.
Drive the organisation culture within one’s centre
- Drive the department’s values while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment towards the mission.
- Serve as a leader of the culture program driving the desired behaviours and encouraging employee engagement
- Create and implement strategies in collaboration with Change Management & HR to evaluate and maintain employee satisfaction
- Drive Transformation and BBB-EE initiatives to ensure sustainable alignment to the company scorecard
Provide leadership to employees within the organisation, creating a winning culture and high morale Lead as an Ambassador and executor of Change
- Act as a change management architect in periods of change to ensure continuity to operations
- Manage the integration of CIT and Processing into a seamless end to end solution for customers
- 12 years’ experience working in a Project environment of which:
- 4 years project management experience managing the delivery of large complex projects inclusive of resources (people, costs, hardware, software).
- 4 years program management experience managing the delivery of large complex programmes inclusive of resources (people, costs, hardware, software).
- 4 years running a Project Management Office (including accountability for developing, implementing, and managing Project Management Office governance, people management).
- Proven track record of successful delivery
- Bachelor's degree in a related area (Business, Science, IT or equivalent)
- Project management qualification including PMBOK or PRINCE2 practitioner; Agile (advantageous)
- Foundational knowledge of organisational strategy
- Foundational knowledge of supply chain management and logistics
- Foundational knowledge of technical / system deployments
- Foundational knowledge of enterprise architecture, information management and technology
- Foundational knowledge of new digital technologies
- Master’s degree / MBA (advantageous)