Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
Barclays Africa Group Limited is 62.3% owned by Barclays Bank PLC and is listed on the JSE Limited. The Group is one of A...
Read more about this company
To plan, manage and monitor the implementation of operations related activities and processes in order to deliver on approved operational plans in an effective and efficient manner.
People Management: Coach, mentor and manage team members toward driving business objectives and ensuring colleague development | Capacity Planning: Continuously plan the execution of team duties against plan and service level requirements | Operational excellence: Supervise and support the execution of priorities by team against service level agreements and customer outcomes | Compliance and Risk Management: Ensure that all team activities are in adherence to relevant control and compliance requirements, and quality standards | Administration: Effectively fulfil all required administrative duties, including tracking and reporting.
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
go to method of application »
Apply critical thinking & problem solving skills to contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle & quickly produce well-organised, optimized, and documented source code to deliver high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
- Apply critical thinking, design thinking and problem solving skills in an agile team environment to solve technical problems (Front End, Back End OR Middleware) with high quality solutions
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle including
- Evaluate analysis, problem definition, business requirements, solution development & provide recommendations to enable the operational feasibility of solutions
- Quickly produce well-organised, optimized, and documented source code to deliver technical solutions
- Ensure designs & solutions support the technical organisation principles of self-service, repeatability, testability, scalability & resilience
- Apply general design patterns and paradigms to deliver technical solutions
- Support the development of CI / CD Pipelines (authoring & supporting CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins / similar tools and deploying to multi-site Kubernetes environments – supporting and managing your applications all the way to production)
- Use & configure modern observability techniques leveraging e.g. aggregated logging via ELK stack, metrics via Prometheus / Grafana / NewRElic and tracing using Zipkin/Jaeger
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets.
- Work with integrated teams and other developers to improve and evolve technical products and services
- Align all application development & development process to Group Architecture & Infrastructure guidelines
- Provide input into project & program teams (when required) to plan & manage the development lifecycle e.g. releases, risk management, testing, integration etc.
- Conduct reviews, performance monitoring & ongoing optimization and maintenance on applications
- Stay ahead of the curve on emerging technologies and development practices and continuously evolve existing knowledge & skill in preparation for cross domain and other experiences e.g. Secure Side, Testing, Infrastructure solutions etc.
- Conduct peer reviews, testing, problem solving within and across the broader team
- Support the people change teams in the development of user material (Customer, Employee & 3rd Party Adoption)
Risk & Governance
- Identify technical risks and mitigate these (pre, during & post release)
- Update / Design all application documentation aligned to the organization technical standards and risk / governance frameworks
- Participate in incident management & DR activity – applying critical thinking, problem solving & technical expertise to get to the bottom of major incidents
go to method of application »
Absa Corporate and Investment Bank are looking to appoint a Lead for Leadership and Learning . The successful incumbent will be appointed to lead development and end-to-end execution of leadership development and learning strategies that continually deliver the talent and capabilities required by this complex business. Suited to a candidate with at least 5 years recent experience leading a Leadership and Learning Function in a large complex organization or working as a Learning Specialist in a top consultancy firm. Must have at least 5 years’ experience managing a team of professionals with a successful track record of developing successful management, technical and cultural learning solutions .Demonstrated knowledge and use of emerging learning best practices and technologies. It will be highly advantageous to have exposure to working in an Investment Bank or Financial services company with a Pan African offering.
- Postgraduate Degrees and Professional Qualifications: Education, Training and Development (Required)
go to method of application »
To provide specialist advice and support in area of specialisation enabling the provision of sound compliance services.
- Manage and perform detailed investigations relating to Anti Money Laundering from various sources
- Obtain all relevant evidence related to an investigation. Scrutinise / analyse this evidences and make meaningful observations / conclusions regarding the findings
- Assess all findings in order to establish trends and escalate all issues of a significant nature to the appropriate stakeholders on a timely basis (as and when these occur) and through various meetings and reports (content presentation, accuracy, quality and completeness are important)
- Ensure that each investigation is of high quality, accurate, value adding conclusion, for the type of investigation being conducted
- Collate appropriate, accurate and reliable MI to effectively manage compliance risks
- Evaluate and challenge information received from the local and in country teams with the objective of achieving continuous improvement in compliance
- Make meaningful recommendations for the various types of investigations. This will include, but is not limited to system / people / process failures
- Inform management of any suggestions or proposals to enhance investigative methodologies
- Inform management immediately of any new trends which have been identified during investigations for further escalation to stakeholders
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Compliance Management (Required), Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications: Law
go to method of application »
Executing the bank’s strategy in respect of Customer on Boarding & Remediation
Serving as a point of escalation to Senior Management and other relevant stakeholders in respect to there on going annual review.
Directing and guiding Customer Data remediation Team ensuring relevant gap analysis is carried out prior to accounts remediation.
Managing On Boarding risk and issue management as required.
- Owns the On Boarding process from a First Line of Defence perspective ensuring all documentation is compliant with current Regulatory and Policy KYC standards.
- Manages the client on boarding experience, expectations and communications
- Acts as the one stop shop for Retail customers from initiation of the KYC process up to the point where an account number has been allocated
- Reviews and understands the business requirements of targeted customers and assist in the development of a tailored solution through continuous assessment of current process for on-boarding and remediation of clients, in line with financial crime regulatory and policy requirements.
- To review all requests for account opening and ensure completeness of Customer Due Diligence and Compliance with all KYC/Compliance policies/standards and procedures.
- Proactively spot KYC issues in respect of any request/ proposed activity.
- Ensure all Gap analysis on accounts to be remediated is completed and communicated to Relationship Managers and Personal Bankers, receive information and update files and systems.
- Serves as a single point of alignment between Financial Crime Compliance and Operations.
- Regular reporting to Head of Financial Crime in respect of Turn Around Time and adherence to Service Level requirements for customer on boarding.
- Periodically brief the Head of Financial Crime on the control areas of concern within their environment; and agree on action/ remedial actions to improve performance.
- Review Audit findings and risk events and ensure all findings are closed within agreed timescale
- Ensure that all team members comply with all policies and procedures required by the bank.
- Ensure that all findings raised by assurance provider (Second and Third lines of defence) are shared within the network to improve control environment and avoid repeat finding.
- Ensures that all conditions of approval provided by Financial Crime Compliance in relation to on-boarding requirements are duly embedded, monitored and remain up to date.
- Own remediation items relating to the On-boarding process, required by audit and assurance reviews and report on the results as required.
- Perform all other duties as reasonably assigned
- Build and develop a high performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Ensure that team members receive coaching and feedback in order to develop and achieve their maximum potential.
- Provide technical support to their team members on all aspects of Financial Crime Compliance.
- Discuss and finalise Performance Development Plans and ratings for all members of staff.
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and Succession plans for all team members.
- Ensure team members are adequately trained to carry out their roles and train new members.
- Manage staff attendance levels, including approval of leave. Compile monthly absence statistics (annual leave, sick leave, family responsibility leave, maternity leave, study leave etc.), and submit to People Function for record keeping.
- Ensure that team members own and manage customer queries and complaints by taking ownership and resolving in a timely manner. Act as the escalation point for their unresolved queries and complaints.
- Create an empowering environment for team members, encouraging individual initiatives aligned with team objectives.
- Constantly seek to improve ways of working by challenging the status quo and supporting an empowering climate within the team, sharing knowledge, experience, best practice and providing constructive feedback as required.
go to method of application »
Design, develop and oversee the deployment of new IT processes and any changes to the existing IT processes. Define and maintain the IT reference process framework and ensure it is leveraged across IT. Create and maintain a centralised repository of process and related artefacts (e.g., procedures, templates, forms). Identify and implement initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of IT Processes.
- Communicating the reference processes and driving the adoption of processes across the IT organization
- Designing and developing / updating the IT processes, and overseeing deployment of the processes in the organization
- Monitoring and assessing existing processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Driving continuous process improvement initiatives and obtaining results thereof
- Ensuring completeness and currency of IT process repository
- Ensuring that standards are followed in process modelling
Accountability: Deliver & Support
- Create and maintain a centralised process and knowledge management repository and provide access as required to stakeholders in the organization.
- Own the IT reference processes: Update processes, communicate changes and ensure that reference processes are leveraged across IT through deployment and usage of processes and related documents in the organization.
- Analyse project successes and root causes of failures to streamline processes in all phases of project management.
- Monitor process performance based on defined parameters / conduct process performance diagnostics to identify improvement opportunities.
- Work towards continuous process improvement and the enhancement of quality and consistency of IT processes and methods across the organisation.
go to method of application »
To provide specialist value added service and solutions to customers to meet business growth in Trade Finance by customer acquisition and retention and facilitating internal and external relationships across stakeholder touch points.
- Come be part of our journey to be the leading Pan African Corporate and Investment Bank.
- Bring your specialist expertise in Trade Finance and provide value added services and solutions. In this role customer acquisition and retention as well as facilitating internal and external relationships across stakeholder touch points is key. Help us be meet our growth ambitions by regularly identifying and reviewing client needs to provide advice and deliver product requirements. You will also be required to identify market and industry trends, by analysing sector research, economic periodicals in order to be seen as valued trusted advisor by your clients.
- Keen to be part of exciting our growth? Send in your application if you have Bachelor's degree and over 3 years experience in Trade Finance dealing with Corporate & Investment Banking clients.
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
go to method of application »
In this role you will provide specialist value added service and solutions to customers to meet business growth in Trade Finance & International Banking, by customer acquisition, retention and facilitating internal and external relationships across stakeholder touch points.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Identifying and reviewing client needs so as to provide advice and deliver products and services by maintaining a strong relationship with clients and stakeholders.
- Resolving client issues appropriately and escalate those unable to resolve to the respective banker or Regional Sales Manager
- Identifying market and industry trends, by analyzing sector research, economic periodicals and industry journals and advise CIB stakeholders and clients on these.
- Regularly identifying and reviewing client needs so as to provide advice and deliver product and services by maintaining strong relationship with customers and being solution oriented
- Joint client visit with coverage bankers to provide customer solutions, and where necessary attend, client visits alone.
- Acting as an ambassador for ABSA with clients and maintain strong long term relationship by applying formal and informal client relationship management techniques.
- Providing advice in the handling of complex client transactions by providing additional insight, detail and information on clients, where appropriate (examples would include credit arrangements or Excon dispensations)
- Educating, sensitising and providing feedback to internal target market stakeholders regarding the joint responsibility to achieve income objectives.
- Establishing relationships with potential clients and pursue opportunities to expand CIB Trade, International Banking & Working Capital business for the related segment/sector.
- Contracting new business opportunities by identifying current and new clients for expansion in transaction volumes and value extraction through cross selling of products or services.
- Growing own client portfolio by attracting new clients through participating in promotions, at and sales initiatives in order to achieve and exceed contracted sales targets.
- Negotiating and closing deals with customers to realize set targets.
Please send us your CV if you have:
- B Degree in Banking, Economics and Finance
- Current FAIS Qualifications required with minimum 6 months FAIS experience
- 4 years General Banking experience (advantage) plus 4 years International Banking/Trade Finance/ Working Capital advisory experience.
go to method of application »
The Business Manager will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The role requires the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and the successful applicant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Proven experience as business manager or relevant role
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development
- Set an example through personal quality and productivity standards and ways of working with others
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organisational and team needs
Education And Experience Required
- Post graduate qualification in Commerce preferred
- NQF Level 6: B Degree
- B. Degree in Business Administration or equivalent qualification
- 8 Years’ experience in Financial Services Industry
go to method of application »
The individual is expected to work with a senior manager/s or director to provide secretarial and administrative support. They act as the first point of contact for the manager/s during their absence. The individual will need to maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times and to interact with stakeholders at various levels in order to deliver on the work outputs.
- Manage the diary of the manager, in an efficient manner by using Outlook, to set up meetings requested by the line manager or to accept meetings requested by others where the manager’s presence is needed.
- Track and monitor the acceptances and declines obtained from the relevant parties that have been invited to the meeting. Where possible, resolve issues independently but where needed escalate any concerns and issues to the manager.
- Liaise with relevant parties to re-schedule any meetings, based on a request from either the manager or the original meeting organiser.
- Print all documentation relevant to the meetings and prepare daily meeting packs and give them to the manager for their reference.
- Liaise with the in-house travel agency to make the travel bookings for any domestic and international trips the manager is required to make and in so doing ensure adherence to the required travel approval process.
- When requested to by the manager, attend in team meetings in order to take the minutes of the meetings. Ensure that the minutes are typed, approved by the meeting chair and distributed to the relevant parties within the agreed time period.
- Create socialisation rotations schedules for the direct reports of the manager, by booking meetings with key stakeholders in the bank prior to the new person joining and ensure that they are included in the formal orientation session in the individuals first month of employment.
- Arrange any venues and catering for any team events, as requested by the manager, and obtain the managers approval on any orders prior to placing them with the suppliers.
- Where teleconferences are being held, liaise with the relevant stakeholders to secure a dial in pin for the meeting. Communicate the pin's details to all meeting attendees in advance of the meeting.To manage the clients' value to Absa through optimising revenue opportunities i.e. pricing for risk in terms of the Pricing policy.
- Assist manager by being aware of the content for their emails by screen incoming emails and where possible redirecting the email to the relevant direct reports to assist with the query. Follow up for feedback with these individuals, where necessary.
- Create an online filling system to assist the manager with work prioritisation. File all emails which have already been dealt with, into the correct online folder, and bring the pending emails to his/her attention.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the manager by answering/screening and/or re-directing the telephone calls received in a professional and efficient manner.
- Assist visitors by directing them to the correct venue or person that they are looking for or by singing for the package/documentation that is being delivered.
- Assist with any typing and preparation of Word, Excel and PowerPoint documentation needed by line manager.
- Set up and maintain a well-ordered filing/retrieval system to store all printed documents away in a secure place e.g. a locked cabinet/office.
- Take charge of general office administration including ordering of stationery and groceries, restocking printers etc. Ensure that adequate reserve stock is ordered.
- Enforce company policy in terms of procedures including travel, cell phone, expense claims etc. (i.e. responsible for controlling signatures, taking policy into account, urgency and effecting timeout forwarding of documents).
- Retrieve bank property e.g.cellphones, 3G cards, laptops, access cards etc, from the direct reports, of the manager, who leave the bank and return to the relevant parties.
- Assist with any general administration e.g. photocopying, scanning, document binding etc that line manager requires.
- Based on requests from the manager, request quotes from approved suppliers and generate purchase orders
- Follow up with vendors for the delivery of items. Check the invoices against items received from vendors.
- Obtain sign off on invoices from the cost centre owner and submit to accounts payable for payment. Follow up with accounts payable when vendors advise that they have not been paid.
- On a monthly basis, review entries passed against the department's cost centre. Investigate and resolve any unknown entries with the Accounts Payable department.
- On a monthly basis, request team members to submit supporting invoices for corporate credit card expenses. Complete the reconciliations obtain the individuals signoff and submit for processing.
- On a monthly basis request cost centre reports from Finance. Check the budget run rate and Ensure that you only take decisions within mandate.
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Office Administration (Required)
go to method of application »
Drive Financial Targets
- Maintain primary ownership of a portfolio of client accounts, differentiated by the level of complexity of the client base.
- Ensure the long-term sustainability of the portfolio by establishing relationships with new clients and solution-based up selling to existing clients.
- Make effective use of the client planning and solutioning tools (Sales tools) to ensure in-depth understanding of client needs, in order to provide clients with the best possible solutions.
- Achieve new business and up-selling sales targets by pro-actively driving cross functional teams (including but not limited to Sector and Product specialists) to find client-centric solutions which must be formalised in strategic proposals and presented to clients in accordance to the distinct Client Value Proposition (CVP) for Accounts.
- Track and monitor the financial performance of the portfolio by utilising the Sales Funnel and VAPM tools.
- Apply risk-based pricing for all new sales and pricing reviews in line with the RB pricing policy.
- Operate and position RBB in a dynamic and highly competitive market place by interacting with all relevant stakeholders driving key initiatives to secure client retention and growth.
- Achieve sales targets relevant to the strategic initiatives and drivers of the Accounts portfolio.
Relationship and Service Management
- Actively develop strong advisory client relationships with key decision makers, utilising the networking skills of senior RBB Executive where the opportunity arises.
- Conduct regular client visits in accordance with the Account Value Proposition and initiate changes to RBB Product by providing input into product development to better service our clients.
- Prepare holistic, comprehensive, high quality call reports for distribution to all relevant stakeholders and Credit Analyst to shorten the lead-time of credit applications.
- Make use of middle- and back-office support networks to ensure effective on-boarding and complete end-to-end service delivery.
- Take ownership of client complaints that originate from the RE's area of responsibility and accountability and log on to the Client Compliment and Complaints system as per the prescribed policy and procedure guidelines. This will allow business to track actions to improve on service levels.
- Take overall accountability for service delivery by setting the rules of engagement for the cross functional team, which includes Transactional Banker, Credit Analyst, Segment Support Client Control Team, Client Service Consultant & Product & Sector teams. Stay abreast of new industry developments and clients' market position.
- Take actions to build and maintain sustainable client relationships that continuously create sustainable value for RBB.
Manage Risk Assessment
- Adhere to the bank's policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Take ultimate ownership of the portfolio's risk management by ensuring a good understanding of both the Bank's and the clients regulatory and compliance environments.
- Responsible for the obtaining and scanning of all KAMLS and other on-boarding documentation relevant to the deals that the RE has on boarded.
- Ensure that all outstanding collateral conditions are met.
- Manage high credit risk clients in conjunction with the credit team by conducting regular client reviews.
- Apply appropriate solutions according to the risk profile and credit appetite within the industry.
Drive Team Work
- Co-operate and work well with others in the pursuit of organisational objectives and team goals. Attend team meetings and contribute fully, including suggestions for ways of improving customer service and meeting targets.
- Communicate concerns or challenges that derive from team interactions in a constructive and positive manner.
- Share information and make others aware of information that may be useful to them.
- Develop supportive relationships with colleagues and create a sense of team spirit.
- Develop and maintain contacts with Specialists in other areas of RBB and the Group.
- Attend relevant economic environmental business forums to be able to raise client conversations to a strategic level.
- Subscribe to relevant segment specific initiatives and apply this knowledge to act on opportunities to maximise revenue and profitability.
- Take responsibility for personal learning to help develop pro-active career and life attitudes.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes through regular training.
- Monitor available L&D courses to develop your own training whilst helping others in the team to develop theirs.
- Demonstrate the willingness and ability to perform to the very best levels to ensure personal alignment to ABSA's values and vision.
- Values Driven
- Digitally Empowered
- Customer Obsessed
- Exceptional Team Player
- Creative Problem Solving
- Drives Results
- Pan African Citizen
- B-degree in commerce/marketing/ finance (NQF 7)
- 5-8 years of sales and financial experience in a commercial banking environment.
- At least five (5) years experience and knowledge in the dynamics of the market place and industries (global, regional and local)
- At least five (5) years experience in driving business and solution across divisional silos (e.g. segment, credit, product) and product silos’ and access wide set of products (e.g. FX, Trade Finance)
- At least five (5) years experience in evaluating and understanding complex company financials and other economic trends.
- In-depth understanding of credit solutions - Internal networking / credibility
- At least five (5) years experience in structuring a good complex credit solution and guiding the credit process with the required parties
- Preference will be given to South African Citizens and Permanent residents of South Africa in possession of proof of permanent resident status.
- The appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity strategy.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.