Job Opening at American International School of Johannesburg
Posted on: 9 March, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education
View All Jobs at American International School of Johannesburg
Applicant sdhould send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide support to the HR department for all AISJ employees.
- Matric Qualification
- Certificate, degree, diploma or other relevant experience relating to HR.
- Excellent command of the English language both written and spoken
- Attention to detail, systems-oriented, organized, analytical
- Good communication skills in English and sound ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Self-motivated, honest, high integrity, courteous and helpful
- The ability to function well under pressure, prioritize matters and act on them accordingly
- The ability to function both independently and in a team, take initiative, shows commitment and is motivated to achieve tasks in the required time frame
- Able to work overtime as and when role and responsibilities require it
- Manages time and resources well and demonstrates strong interpersonal and mediation skills with a positive attitude
- Needs to be culturally aware with good ethics, problem-solving and strategic thinking competencies
- Continuously pursues to improve skills through on the job or external training.
- Understands the importance that parents play in our community, that education is the key proponent in the organization, and that we serve the students and parents.
Preferred skills and experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administrative environment or previous experience in a similar role
- An understanding of and insight into the BCEA, LRA, OHS, EE, SDL and POPI acts.
- Knowledge of regulations and compliance as it relates to Human resources and South African law.
- Previous experience working in the educational sector advantageous
- Knowledge and experience on VIP Premier HR Database system and PowerSchool
Key Performance Indicators:
- Be informed, research and keep up to date with the South African Labour Law and various acts.
- Continually analyse and develop operating procedures as it relates to IR, ER and HR
- Work to improve communication, cooperation and planning in the Human Resources Office
- Ensure that Employee File audits are conducted regularly.
- Ensure staff queries surrounding medical, pension and group life are resolved timeously and accurate records are maintained for all employees
- Use discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Answer and forward calls within the Human Resources Office
- Assist employees with HR related queries and requests and ensure all requests are captured on the HR ticketing system.
- Perform general administration duties for the Human Resources Office including filing, processing of loan forms, preparation of verification of employment letters as required, ensuring leave records are captured correctly and timeously, maintaining accurate records of educational assistance for employees etc.
- Ensure staff are correctly categorized in job grading schedules
- Prepare, correlate and monitor payment requisition and signatures as and where required
- Assist with solving queries relating to medical aid, pension fund and group life cover.
- Assist in the development of HR protocols and procedures
- Assist the departments in local recruitment practices and scheduling of training for identified employees.
- Assist in preparation of contract drafts and revisions and maintain master template for all contract formats
- Maintain a confidential database system for personnel records of all school employees to provide a comprehensive, efficient, accurate and current record of all matters pertinent to employment, transfer, tenure, retirement, leave, and promotion
- Prepare and maintain all school position job descriptions in a consistent format and work with the Human Resources Manager and department supervisors to ensure that employees know and understand the duties and expectations of their jobs
- Work to improve communication, cooperation and planning in the Human Resources Office.
- Maintain and follow HR protocols, procedures, regulations and processes related to the function, rights and responsibilities of all staff and ensure that all staff members are aware of the same and that employees have access to the handbook as needed
- Provide switchboard coverage and act as School Receptionist in the absence of the regular Receptionist.
- Use discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director or the Human Resources Manager.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs